Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
2143dd53a934df7a725b032fdafd1b97.jpg

Taken couple weeks ago, while wandering up to the top of Beinn Lora.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Amazing sunset. Did you get down before dark - looks like you only had about 20 mins light left - or were you staying out?
I managed to get to top before sun actually set. Yes your correct was about 20 min light left when picture was taken.
Was a mad rush up to the top of hill , for actual sunset. this was best pic taken that night, sunset pictures turned out not good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Amazing, Alf!
I wish my Panasonic would allow me to do star trails. It only allows exposures of max. 120 seconds, even with manual exposure time on B or timed cable release. I don't have the nerves to stack pictures in Photoshop, so all I can do is save for another camera and enjoy your pictures!

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Amazing, Alf!
I wish my Panasonic would allow me to do star trails. It only allows exposures of max. 120 seconds, even with manual exposure time on B or timed cable release. I don't have the nerves to stack pictures in Photoshop, so all I can do is save for another camera and enjoy your pictures!

What Panasonic model is that?

That shot 100 30 second exposures blended in camera.

Last edited:

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
What Panasonic model is that?

That shot 100 30 second exposures blended in camera.
I both have a G5 and a GX7, my husband has a G6. All of them have a max. exposure time of 2 minutes, no matter what you try (bulb with locked cable release, timer). I know that I probably can blend them in Photoshop, but I am always too lazy to do that. Tried it with HDMI and Panorama shots, they all still sit in single pictures on my harddrive, I never managed to put them together...

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I both have a G5 and a GX7, my husband has a G6. All of them have a max. exposure time of 2 minutes, no matter what you try (bulb with locked cable release, timer). I know that I probably can blend them in Photoshop, but I am always too lazy to do that. Tried it with HDMI and Panorama shots, they all still sit in single pictures on my harddrive, I never managed to put them together...

You need something like Starstax for startrails

http://www.markus-enzweiler.de/software/software.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ypRbPzoPM

For stitching panoramas it is easy in Photoshop if the shots are planned well enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POnvTgZx2gI

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE