Liverpool Bushcraft Anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jim1h

May 5, 2011
Liverpool
I'm interested been doing my wild camping in Scotland but would be interested in something more local. Based in Liverpool here too.

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Hi all,

I'm based between Wigan and Warrington but work in liverpool. I'm interested in a North-West meet but it looks like the ball isn't rolling on this one yet. I suppose the first thing to do is find suitable woodland to camp in. Anyone own any woodland or have access to private land (or know someone who does)? could be a nice little earner for them. I'm suggesting private land as I'd assume we all want to light a fire or two while we're out.

W

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
I'm game for a meet up somewhere brand new to it all so be gentle :p ideally looking to wildcamp etc I'm currently scouring Google Earth for a suitable place for a hammock wildcamp the few place I've found I couldn't find anywhere to leave the car nearish etc when I went for a walk round.

Jan 10, 2016
Liverpool
Hi all new to this forum from Bootle liverpool has anyone ever met up for a day/over night me and my brother in law and his mate go out overnight but haven't been able to get land permission we are planning on going this Saturday but just got to find somewhere anyone got any ideas also would need to park a car near by cheers fellas
Ian

jim1h

May 5, 2011
Liverpool
Hi all new to this forum from Bootle liverpool has anyone ever met up for a day/over night me and my brother in law and his mate go out overnight but haven't been able to get land permission we are planning on going this Saturday but just got to find somewhere anyone got any ideas also would need to park a car near by cheers fellas
Ian
I was thinking of Rivington plenty of parking just can't find any info of people wild camping up there.

Hey everyone, posting this in the hope that this thread is still being viewed by people, I'll be going down to wilderness gathering and bushmoot this year. Mainly because it is a good way of meeting like-minded people. Would anyone be interesting in traveling with me? Or maybe even going on a wild camp for some preparation? Since this is my first post as a BCUK member I'll also state that I'm highly interested into canoeing holidays. There's some pretty good content out there (YouTube) either Joe Robinet Bushcraft or Outdoor life of Brian. These two have bushcraft backgrounds but extended their knowledge as skills and went out and did some canoeing holidays, I'm getting to the point where I want to try this myself. Just PM me if interested.

cheers lads.

Hi everyone, as you know there aren't many places off the beaten track around the Liverpool area to practice our bushcraft skills. I promised to take a couple of mates who are inexperienced to say the least out last weekend on a camp to show them what they've been missing out on. I decided that we didn't really want to travel too far for their first voyage so set about doing a reccy around Delamere forest. There seemed to be plenty of woodland to get lost in with a variety of trees. To cut a long story short, we built ourselves a shelter, skinned, gutted and cooked a couple of rabbits which we took with us and stayed the night. Even though it took us a long time to settle on a site to set up camp due to water resources and trying to stay away from dog walkers, we had a really good weekend. I think I will make the next 1 in the lakes or Wales though so we have more time to practice skills rather than hiking around looking for a suitable location. Anyone else had much luck finding somewhere closer to the Liver birds?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Jan 8, 2015
Merseyside
Hello again all,

I haven't been on this site for some time but I return with more knowledge and more patience.....and yes more kit but we all know its more about knowledge than kit....the kit just helps.

Would be interested in starting a meet or two if anyone is interested.

Maybe a bushcraft breakfast challenge; join up and have a race to make breakfast depending on the food we bring with us and the resources around us.

Anyone interested in this? Winner gets to eat first....smugly. Anyone know where Stadt Moers park is by the way?

Regards

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Hello again all,

I haven't been on this site for some time but I return with more knowledge and more patience.....and yes more kit but we all know its more about knowledge than kit....the kit just helps.

Would be interested in starting a meet or two if anyone is interested.

Maybe a bushcraft breakfast challenge; join up and have a race to make breakfast depending on the food we bring with us and the resources around us.

Anyone interested in this? Winner gets to eat first....smugly. Anyone know where Stadt Moers park is by the way?

Regards

Stadt mores park is Whiston or Huyton, I think I've been there with the dog a couple of years back

jim1h

May 5, 2011
Liverpool
Still hoping for something near lots of private woodland that looks to be never used. Shame

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Stadt Moers Park is a public park located in Whiston, Lancashire in the Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley.The park cover 220 acres of land between Whiston and Huyton Its on a road called Pottery lane. just a warning they have found dead bodies in there as well as a few people being knifed, my advice don't go alone.
Get in touch with http://www.northwestbushcraft.co.uk they have get togethers etc, (if they are till going), they were on Youtube so might be worth a look up. I know Ade has had some medical problems but I think he is now back up to speed, they do have a woods that they use for camping and bushcraft courses so may be worth getting in touch with him to see whats coming up, etc

Last edited:

jim1h

May 5, 2011
Liverpool
Haha you are not selling it to me knifings and dead body's. . No thanks. 😀

Wood Goblin

Feb 5, 2018
Liverpool
Bump.

Anyone around Liverpool way still looking for meet ups, whether that be over nighters or just a bimble?

Formby beach is a good spot in the summer.

Stadt Moers referenced above, nice park, wouldn't be keen to do anything overnight in there except extremely low profile bivvy in the thick stands of trees - think it can be a bit dodgy after dark. Got a few underpasses under the M57, and other secluded spots which might attract the local scalls.

May 28, 2019
Scotland
Hi guys,

Scottish Bushman ( on Youtube) I am down in the pool working on the docks and rather than drive back up to my usual haunts in the west of Scotland and be eaten alive by our infamous Scottish Midge, I though I could have a few camps here.

What we got that’s Wild Camping down here guys some fishing would be spot on also.

Big walk ins I could do with out as may need to work the next day.

Bahumbug.

Anyway any reply’s will be greatly appreciated either way.

If nothing is good camping wise then an evening passing knowledge or tips on would be good for me to share my tricks with anyone wanting to expand their know how.

Cheers

SB Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE