Things to do in Vienna?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up Malley,

I visited a very good Austrian Army surplus store in Vienna just over a year ago, if I remember rightly it's just off the ring road on a street call Lerchenfelder Strasse, less than a hundred yards along on the right hand side of the road. It has the kind of gear which if it had a good on-line system, would have been emptied by us Brits in no time at all!
It's almost all genuine, quality, surplus stuff, (I could have spent hours in there if the better half hadn't been with me....!).

I bought two of the Bundes Heer alpine jackets from there (new) and if I'd had the cash (and the suitcase space!) I could have bought about half a dozen BH surplus wool cardigans/pullovers. Take loads of cash and a spare suitcase!
The bloke in the shop (owner?) was called Jakob, spoke some English if you need it.

On the opposite side of the city is an after market type store which sells copies and upgrades of Austrian military clothing - Steinadler Militaerversand. These do have a web-site and I've both ordered over the net and visited the shop - very helpful people (but they are on the expensive side) One of the sales staff - Stephanie speaks better QE than me lolol.

If you haven't been there before I would recommend that the first thing that you do is take the (dedicated) inner ring tram ride around the city (quite cheap) and it will help you to get a feel for the place and your bearings - plus you will be amazed at the architecture.

POINT TO NOTE - I found Vienna EXTREMELY expensive so if your budget is tight, sight-see the inner city and eat out in the suburbs.

Have great time.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
If you are really stuck for something to do, it may be worthwhile considering a trip over to Bratislava and visiting the Zoo, its about 40 miles from Vienna, but well worth it, at one time Bratislava had one of the best Zoos in the world.

And I:) think the coffee is cheaper too..:eek:..........

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Aye Up Malley,

I visited a very good Austrian Army surplus store in Vienna just over a year ago, if I remember rightly it's just off the ring road on a street call Lerchenfelder Strasse, less than a hundred yards along on the right hand side of the road. It has the kind of gear which if it had a good on-line system, would have been emptied by us Brits in no time at all!
It's almost all genuine, quality, surplus stuff, (I could have spent hours in there if the better half hadn't been with me....!).

I bought two of the Bundes Heer alpine jackets from there (new) and if I'd had the cash (and the suitcase space!) I could have bought about half a dozen BH surplus wool cardigans/pullovers. Take loads of cash and a spare suitcase!
The bloke in the shop (owner?) was called Jakob, spoke some English if you need it.

On the opposite side of the city is an after market type store which sells copies and upgrades of Austrian military clothing - Steinadler Militaerversand. These do have a web-site and I've both ordered over the net and visited the shop - very helpful people (but they are on the expensive side) One of the sales staff - Stephanie speaks better QE than me lolol.

If you haven't been there before I would recommend that the first thing that you do is take the (dedicated) inner ring tram ride around the city (quite cheap) and it will help you to get a feel for the place and your bearings - plus you will be amazed at the architecture.

POINT TO NOTE - I found Vienna EXTREMELY expensive so if your budget is tight, sight-see the inner city and eat out in the suburbs.

Have great time.

Brilliant stuff. Many thanks.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
If you are really stuck for something to do, it may be worthwhile considering a trip over to Bratislava and visiting the Zoo, its about 40 miles from Vienna, but well worth it, at one time Bratislava had one of the best Zoos in the world.

And I:) think the coffee is cheaper too..:eek:..........

Cheers. I think we are going to try this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE