Skin on Kayak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
Thanks for the kind comments folks.

With much trepidation, considering the 1000+ stitch holes in her, I finally managed to get the Selkie and myself on the water.
I was absolutely delighted that not one single drop of water passed through to the kayak interior.
I'm really happy to say that she feels very light in the water, she's fast and stable and tracks well.
More sea trials next week, then the adventures begin!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay, you've done some superb things before.

This though, is a new high bar for anyone.

Amazing project - thank you for sharing.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Proper gorgeous work there Patrick, i am not surprised by the smile on your face in the pics one bit you look very at home in it, when does the big expedition with it start? I just got my train ticket for Arrochar yesterday for my next educational adventure with you lot next month

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
As said. So much respect. Great to try, amazing to put so much into it, but outstanding to see it in the water and know it works so well.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My word but that looks good! I like the trad "Greenlander" paddle as well.
I have long admired your work but this is a new level of excellence, style and craftsmanship!

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
Amazing work! Artist for sure :)

And the pics make it look so easy lol going to have a go at a canoe one day myself, something simple but useable; inspiring, thanks for posting up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE