Show us your Day Packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pterodaktyl

Jun 17, 2013
Devon
I really like some of the different molle packs they amaze me how all the pouches fit on.

Sent from somewhere?

Like this? :)

monkey-pals4.jpg

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
packshot02_sm.jpg

My Osprey Tempest 30. What I carry in the bag on a day trip varies, and as yet I don't have a full picture set of it.

Julia

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Out this morning with my Kifaru, Tailgunner II, set up for shoulder carry but sometimes I set up as a bum bag,

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Yeh, but just seems to work for me, can load out for tracking, fishing, or just a wee walk with tools to pick up what I find. My Kifaru Express is my main pack, both on sale at the moment on the K site, no connection with seller just a satisfied customer...

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
Smashing pack that dave! Loving it!

I use a Fjallraven vintage 20l, great pack! I've done overnighters with it (extremely minimal ones) and use it as my day pack all the time. It'll hold pretty much anything you'd need for a day hike. I usually have a knife, axe, saw, water bottle, firesteel, flint and steel, crook knife, woodgas stove occasionally, mors pot, Titan kettle etc etc. Basically whatever I need for the planned day gets packed in :).

View attachment 31304

Bad photo and old but it's gives an idea :).

I like it!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'm not so tall myself and round ish. Mmmmm might have to treat myself.
Whats the quality of them like.

Sorry for the late reply - I have not looked at this thread for a while.
The quality of the original run was great. I have heard from some users of more recent production models that the quality is not so good now. As I am in the process of making my own canvas and leather day bag mine (still in good nick despite use) may be up for sale in a month or two...

Dean77

Dec 13, 2015
Derbyshire
The pic of Munro with the CCF mat on the side contains:

Snugpak Elite 2
BA Bivvy
CCF mat
Nalgene + MytiMug
Honey Stove
Fire pouch with tinder and ferro rod
FAK
Knife
Laplander
Possible pouch with a few odds and ends
Petzyl
Camera
Hat, gloves and a buff
Spare fleece
Food

It can be done but not the comfiest night I've ever had :).
That munro pack looks awesome!!
Can't speak for others, but for myself, if I must spend the night with my daypack kit; I'll be keeping a warming fire all night, and sleeping as near it as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

zpyder

Sep 13, 2015
United Kingdom
46f301a32e49dd6e339146bdee9a7ff3.jpg

Despite the bag appearing to be saturated, contents were pretty dry. To be honest most of the moisture inside was due to me constantly putting stuff in and taking it out 5 mins later.

Was also the hike that saw the "weather sealed" 5d mkiii stop working due to rain getting into the body :/

(Chucking it in a bowl of dry rice overnight brought it back to life)

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
This is my latest day carry bag. Hill People Gear Tarahumara. Still have extra space for food and the two outer pockets are empty
714152238e2e431059a090c70e2905a8.jpg
179de0f1e97ee38df99718e8db563fd8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE