Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
You are very talented with a camera, take some cracking shots!

Why they scraping, enough to go round!

They get drunk on this stuff and get very bad tempered which is why people hate them especially at this time of the year.

Here is teh shot before

A drunken brawl I put this apple out hoping to attract some wasps and I got some I was not expecting to get this shot. Yeah there is plenty to go round even the other half of the apple but I suspect this is easier to eat as someone has already been at it and created edges to get at.

Drunken brawl 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
They get drunk on this stuff and get very bad tempered which is why people hate them especially at this time of the year.

Here is teh shot before

A drunken brawl I put this apple out hoping to attract some wasps and I got some I was not expecting to get this shot. Yeah there is plenty to go round even the other half of the apple but I suspect this is easier to eat as someone has already been at it and created edges to get at.

Drunken brawl 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Arr right i see, been stung a few times by a hornet. Nasty little buggers, no fear, they just keep coming at ya.

forestwalker

Some birds: a couple of mallards in flight
20160828065148-7c6a4514-me.jpg

A coot swimming:
20160828065148-7c6a4514-me.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've been away from the group for a bit, but here is my favourite picture from the summer. A beautiful male Fen Raft Spider, very rare (schedule 5 protected species) and the largest spider in Britain

28874899002_0e5b19ae58_b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 11

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, Im glad they're rare anyway. Wouldnt want to find one on the bedroom wall. Nice photo.

Last edited:

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I've been away from the group for a bit, but here is my favourite picture from the summer. A beautiful male Fen Raft Spider, very rare (schedule 5 protected species) and the largest spider in Britain

28874899002_0e5b19ae58_b.jpg
Lovely shot Mike. You're macro shots have really improved.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
I haven't posted here for a while, but I wanted to share this sparrowhawk. It was the first one I saw, and it was a wonderful encounter. It was feeding on a pigeon in the middle of an underpass, with graffiti walls in the background (in the middle of town). Surrounded by a couple of people and photographers. This is a picture taken with my small Nikon AW100, distance to the bird was about 1,5 m. I took some pictures and then just stayed down there on my belly, eye to eye with this beautiful creature, and just enjoyed watching it. Nature is amazing, and sometimes just makes me speechless!

sperber-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE