Costco, Packable Down Duvrt, jackets and such like

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Costco (Bristol Branch) have 160 x 177cm 430g down camping quilt for around £15, plus lightweight down gilets and jackets, at £15 and £20 respectively. The duvets have been discussed on hammocking forums, and are made by Double Black Diamond. Available in navy, grey and burgendy colours, they are almost as warm as a snugpak jungle blanket/bag and would work very nicely to boost a sleeping bag.

They are filled with, according to the label, 700fp grey duck down, I have no idea on the ethical sourcing of the down.

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Yes you need a membership for Costco (£25/y I think) or go with an existing member, I picked up a few of the down quilts and they're pretty good for the money I'd certainly recommend them. Pack down small and loft up pretty well my idea was to take my 3 season hammock bag/ quilt up to 4 season and the Costco quilt on its own will be perfect for the warmer months on its own.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
That's helpful, thanks for that info and opinion Sparky.
respect-048.gif

northumbriman

Jul 15, 2010
Prudhoe
Hi just read this thread and I wondered if anyone has tried out the quilt mentioned in a hammock. If so was it any good as an under blanket or best used as additional over blanket? I am seeing some pretty mixed reviews.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE