Fortis Falklands Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I'm back peddling here like mad, thanks to everyone that gave me advice on Swazi coats and where to buy, but I just noticed this one is manufactured in the UK!

Has as anyone tried any of the fortis jackets? Especially the Falklands jacket? I notice they have an option to upgrade to light or heavy cordura for the full outer shell and that seems exceptionally interesting! There is also a four year warranty on the product which give a bit extra buying confidence!

would like to hear first hand any experience with this jacket or any of the oth products?

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Fortis used to be Country Covers and have a good name doing the rounds of large country fairs. They're very well respected and I think there is a link to Arktis. I bought an Arktis field shirt from them on back order. I had to wait an age and send a reminder before I received it. It came but it was badged with a Country covers label. Its no less a great shirt for that.

Last edited:

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
They definitely were linked to Arktis who produce top kit for the military. Had various items of clothing from both and a backpack - excellent kit.

Not totally sure, but think the Falklands range may be adapted from Arktis clothing for special forces.

Last edited:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I have a Fortis jacket and it's bomb proof
A warm coat designed for extreme weather or low to moderate work but great all the same
A brilliant shooting coat too

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I have a fortis hooded anorak - the 'waterproof field smock'. Oddly, i ordered it deliberately without the waterproof drop liner (replaced by a fine windproof nylon lining instead), added two sas style smock pockets to the lower back, and a silva compass pocket to the front of the big front pocket. In short its utterly fantastic, and they went out of their way to produce a truly bespoke jacket for me, that is exceptional quality (and for a very low price all things considered). Fortis definitely get my recommendation. The fit on the model i bought at least was true to size.

I use it for military stuff, and it gets a lot of jealous comments!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Mine's a good size. I'm normally an XL and this is with room for layers underneath but not too much that the gun gets caught when mounting

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Don't discount the range a jackets, Karrimor SF sell. I picked up a SF Trojan jacket in od off ebay fairly cheaply, tactel outer with a weathertite drop liner. Its a really nice jacket which has been well thought out.

Ideal wet weather - winter jacket, with plenty of room for layering up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE