Svord peasant knives - let's see them!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Pair I made. One for me and one for MOT.

Elm handle with Beech spacer and brass pins. They are mini's but the blades are original just sharpened a bit on the stones.

e1369fcda9ea7a3c9557178d37959d6d_zpsc2114094.jpg

Reactions: Knightjar
Ah ... good point. Around here police never use the knife legislation as we have a zero tolerance on knives being carried. Here they ALWAYS use the offensive weapons legislation where the onus is on you to provide a reason for carrying a blade be it sub 3" or not....

Ed
Actually For thay the Onus is on the police to Prove it it an offencive weapon espesially on a sub S139 knife as LAw provides you with the leagal right to carry

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Actually For thay the Onus is on the police to Prove it it an offencive weapon espesially on a sub S139 knife as LAw provides you with the leagal right to carry
Yes, I know this, you know this, but around here depending on the officer in question that is not how it works. I have been arrested and taken down the station for a sub 3" folder that i refused to have confiscated and take a caution for. CPS never took the case though and I got my knife back..... around here in the valleys zero tollerance really means just that..... unless you have a reason they will want to confiscate it or arrest you and let the CPS sort it out.

Ed

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Ah ... good point. Around here police never use the knife legislation as we have a zero tolerance on knives being carried. Here they ALWAYS use the offensive weapons legislation where the onus is on you to provide a reason for carrying a blade be it sub 3" or not....

Ed

Does that stand up in court or are they just relying on the person to just roll over and take a caution which goes onto their record?

Oops, missed the post above.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ok..!

So I made a template for the new scales for the small blade and if possible, I'll complete/start tomorrow! ;)

(regarding the legal discussion above.. the alw is the law, regardless of how annoying the polcie want to be you aren't breaking the law if you follow it clearly. :) )

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Lost mine while cutting apples for the horses. Thought I put it in my pocket instead Iv dropped it. I always put it in it's sheath too...gah. Mine was just mahogany scales. I'll get another mini and make new handles. Se great examples people.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
I like the idea and the look of the open knife, however is it easy to carry in the pocket? does the stop/tang end catch or encourage the knife to open at all? just a question for all the users. any answers appreciated.

thanks

Adam

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Hmm, made me dig mine out today, just shortened the scales at the moment, bigger plans...it is piggybacked on to a Svord curved skinner in a custom sheath mind.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE