SAK / Altoids tin Combo Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

Lovely work - are you going to start making them to sell?
Our local (fairly small) Morrisons sells Altoids - 99p - in the sweets section (where else?!?!):rolleyes:

Hi Bumpy,

Might in the future sign up as a maker here again, not go a lot of spare time at the moment.

Morrisons eh....not got a local one so I think a little trip might be in order this weekend ;).

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
Yep, morrisons sell them, or Marks and Spencer's sell their own brand mints (identical to Altoids) in a tin exactly the same size.

ms_sweets_mints.jpg

If you really cant find one though, drop me a PM - I love the mints and so always have lots of empty tins.

BTW puub - excellent pouch - i'd love one of them!

thanks, don't have a morrisons near but there is an M&S so might get the wife to pop in there - I hate shopping (even for a tin of mints!) ;)

I made a couple of similar combo pouches awhile ago for DC4 sharpening stones and Swedish firesteels.
Thought it might work for carrying an Altoids tin based kits like first aid kits or traditional fire lighting kits etc.
The SAK pouch is sized for my favourite SAKs. Victorinox Spartan, Tinker and Farmer models.

DSC03270Small.jpg

DSC03267Small.jpg

The pouch is made from 3 - 3.5 mm shoulder leather hand sewn with nylon thread and dyed dark brown.
Made a bit of a mess of the dying yet again :eek:, a bit patchy and ran out of dye too :(.
Might re-dye it later, when I get around to ordering more that is.

DSC03272Small.jpg

DSC03271Small.jpg

There's a flat pocket behind the front pockets ( not by design though :) ) which can take thin items.
Got a few Steri-Strips and a Fallkniven D3 diamond sharpener in there at the moment

The belt slots are 2 1/4" and while stringing it on a belt I thought it might work out with a dangler sheath hung below.
Not sure though :), might be a bit ott :confused:.
Pete.

Wow this is really nice work, are you still making them and if so how much?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE