Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

norfolkjohn

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2010
norwich norfolk
Hi Tom (ceryni)

Hi hear your'e looking for a big knife ? i have spec plus sp10 marine raider bowie. check out youtube or heinnie haynes for full specifications .
This has never been used in the field, has a custom made full leather sheath.
could this be what your looking for ?
drop me a om and let me know. norfolkjohn.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Kev

thanks for that, I still think he needs to get the tinder closer to get it to light though!!!

The petrol was very good, that's got the old brain ticking!!

Hi Tom (ceryni)

Hi hear your'e looking for a big knife ? i have spec plus sp10 marine raider bowie. check out youtube or heinnie haynes for full specifications .
This has never been used in the field, has a custom made full leather sheath.
could this be what your looking for ?
drop me a om and let me know. norfolkjohn.
Thanks for the offer but I'm after something in the 10-30 quid range. I found something that takes my fancy but haven't been able to question the supplier as they are on holiday for 2 weeks!

Got my benchmade last week for my birthday. Love it!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Over at Hethel today, being Billy no mates, had a play around with some bow drills and made a couple of sets up. With it being so hot only did an ember the once, sweating buckets. Nice to get back to basics again, will have to get an iPhone stand to video the evidence next time.

Over at Hethel today, being Billy no mates, had a play around with some bow drills and made a couple of sets up. With it being so hot only did an ember the once, sweating buckets. Nice to get back to basics again, will have to get an iPhone stand to video the evidence next time.
Billy no mates my ****.

Good one on the bowdrill, I haven't even found the time or effort to try yet. I guess I'm too afraid of failure, as fire by friction seems like the benchmark for bushcraft excellence!

Tom, just do it, how do you know you have failed till you have tried and could just as well succeed.
I know this! I think it's having the hours to go out and find some suitable dry wood...
You gave me a bow drill once upon a time in a carrier bag, ready, on a plate to study!
What's wrong with me?

That said, there is not even a tree to hammock in, in the Fens, and the ground is too boggy to swagbag. What does one do in wetland? I haven't figured a solution yet :/

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Sorry lads not been active, not that I have not been camping. Just maxed out now I'm 2nd Wittering Group Scout Leader. Not even a spare weekend this September with GSL training and other scouting stuff. Will try and make more time.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi just seeing what people are up to again, sadly still living in a dull area so not much in the way of "hobby" bushcrafting oportunity for me, I'm still teaching bushcraft and have expanded into other areas to suit the people I meet.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi just seeing what people are up to again, sadly still living in a dull area so not much in the way of "hobby" bushcrafting oportunity for me, I'm still teaching bushcraft and have expanded into other areas to suit the people I meet.

Nice to hear your still about..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Yup, never really left the whole Bushcraft thing, just more active doing other work things, but loads has happened since we last met!
I started a range of Bushcraft tools that I attempted to sell(they didn't)I've learned how to work with flint and now teach flintknapping.
I scoured all the local charity shops for a few years and now have collected (literally) all the kit I was issued in the army (minus the actual guns) and now work with a local Ex-Military reminicance group (a bit like "Help for heros" we just spend a morning every month or so looking at and playing with my kit ;)
I'm always learning new techniques and I'm still modifying and expanding my kit, on the downside I've lost more hair, and I've put on some weight do to lack of excersize(due to the dull flat vast arable farming area with no bushcrafty areas to have a walk in or a sneaky tarp and cuppa in, that I was used to I Norwich, most of my bushraft stuff happens in my garden lol ;)
I really need to change that Karl Pilkington Avatar! lol

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Yup, never really left the whole Bushcraft thing, just more active doing other work things, but loads has happened since we last met!
I started a range of Bushcraft tools that I attempted to sell(they didn't)I've learned how to work with flint and now teach flintknapping.
I scoured all the local charity shops for a few years and now have collected (literally) all the kit I was issued in the army (minus the actual guns) and now work with a local Ex-Military reminicance group (a bit like "Help for heros" we just spend a morning every month or so looking at and playing with my kit ;)
I'm always learning new techniques and I'm still modifying and expanding my kit, on the downside I've lost more hair, and I've put on some weight do to lack of excersize(due to the dull flat vast arable farming area with no bushcrafty areas to have a walk in or a sneaky tarp and cuppa in, that I was used to I Norwich, most of my bushraft stuff happens in my garden lol ;)
I really need to change that Karl Pilkington Avatar! lol

Where are you living now then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi raps, been a while on the site, over Hethel this weekend just for the Saturday night. I have been going a bit retro of late and bow drilling again and making up sets, leave one perminately over the farm.
finally finished putting the work bench in my new man cave; some kind sole, Macaroon gave me bearings for me to put into some bow drill bearing blocks, kind of old tech meets new.

remember their is always a tree at Hethel for you to swing a hammock!

all the best

D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guys, I'm living near Wisbech, very flat, very empty, no woods, no footpaths,...just dull! ;)
Globetrotter has visited me a few times when he's been on his travels and we had a walk and a sneaky brew-up in the limited area I have found, but no chance of camping there.

Hi Damascus, As for Bowdrills....man,...I have 12 full sets, 12 flint and steel sets, 10 firesteel sets 5 or 6 handdrill sets, the kit is endless, and a huge amount of rosebay willow herb fluffy tinder! funny thing though, it takes the fun out of bushcraft when you try to earn money from it, hence I've not really done much, I do try to keep my foot in the fun side though, I just finished making a load of blackberry jam which is lovely, and Rowenberry jam which is horrible! lol

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Oh I do still have all my hammock gear and I'd love to meet up soon! I live the next town along from Wittler Kev.
In the process of making displays for my work I've become a dab hand at self learning how to make things:

Various natural cordage I've made string with:
Cltd-ZIWEAAOqgb.jpg:large

various other tools and things made from bone and natural stuff, (this is an old display I've changed it to a much more hand portable version in potective cases now):
B0i65rFCMAA1Nvy.jpg

Theres funny stuff too, I was asked to create an indoor campsite for disability support group, so I had to make a Fire...an hour or so in the shed, some LED bike lights and a coffee tin and hey presto a bonfire lol
B_v_N0mWIAE3t0L.jpg

and I just realised I haven't tweeted anywhere near the amount of photos I thought I had, doh!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE