Skinning Knife. J Neilson. MS.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Used this so its not perfect, some autosol would bring it up like new.

8.5 inches overall. With a 4 inch stainless blade, tapered tang, covered in black micarta over red liners.

£75 please, via BT.

Thanks BCUK.

Last edited:

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Are you sure it is stainless? I have some of J's knives and as far as I'm aware he only forges with carbon steels. His blades are without doubt some of the best in the world.

Also, who made the handle and sheath?

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Are you sure it is stainless? I have some of J's knives and as far as I'm aware he only forges with carbon steels. His blades are without doubt some of the best in the world.

Also, who made the handle and sheath?

No to be honest I'm not sure if it is stainless, I was just told that it was.

I don't think it was forged either, more like stock removal.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
J forges his own steels and does stock removal. Although using mainly high carbon steels he can do stainless. As suggested an email will confirm. Having owned several of his knives I can say they are indeed of world class quality and very reasonably priced. Still have one now that I will never sell :)

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Also, it appears to be a Neilson blade but had scales fitted afterwards the blade buyer. Just like I bought my blade from J, then put DI scales on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE