pocket bushcrafter im working on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
have been messing about down the shed with friction folders the last few days. after scratchin my head through the first two had a bit of an Epiphany... came up with the idea of a "pocket bushcrafter" and started on it this morning. the blade is 3mm o1 and edc legal and will have a scandi grind, the handle is a little oversized for control. the main thing though is the extra support from a hook on the tang giving extra mechanical advantage and a stronger lockup. the idea behind it is to have something i can carry on days out in the woods where a fixed blade is maybe inappropriate...

edit: still in the rough here, handles need shaping, blades need heat treating and beveling

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Hurrah! Just because the blade is small does not mean that my hands shrink to fit. The voice of reason.
I'm terribly biased as I have big hands and long fingers for a tip-to-tip span of nearly 10".
The Kestel Constant shows that I start with carving knife handle blanks about 7/8" square and don't take much off the corners.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Liking the idea and look of that bud, look forward to seeing end result, been thinking of doing the same, just got to source the bits and research the how too, afternoon on youtube and google I think.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
​gotten one of these pocket bushcrafters rough finished for testing today, 3mm o1 blade hardened to approx 60hrc
blade is 3" for edc

​
​

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE