Chest pack help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
For a while now I have been looking at Hill People Gear products and the chest pack (kit bag they call it).
attachment.php

What im wanting to do is cobble together my own version without coughing up £100.
The pack is mounted via a harness of which I intend to use a PLCE yoke I have.
attachment.php

What im looking for is a Molle style pouch of similar dimensions to the one in the pictures.
Can anyone suggest a pouch that will fit my requirements.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 388

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've had this very project on the go for over a year now, and I have the slightly-modified (tidied up) lid from an old PRI Predator as exactly the right thing for this; large front pocket with the internal zipped mesh pocket in there, and then what used to be the lid pocket itself as an outside one. It's not stitched together yet only because it's in desert camo and I haven't got around to trying to dye it.

I'm a great user of chest packs, I'm always surprised they're not more popular and I reckon some of the bigger companies are missing a trick by not designing and making a good one. I used, and sometimes still do use, a large Ribz pack which is good for some light-ish stuff, but I want something more substantial in canvas or cordura to take a bit more and to have a bit of it's own shape rather than the floppy Ribz-type product.

Tha last few I've cobbled together I've been hangig from the D-rings on the shoulder straps of my packs which means no bulky extra harness under the pack itself; seems to work really well and counterbalances the weight in the pack itself. It's amazing how much kit you can carry very efficiently with a small day pack and a chest rig added, a very comfortable and adaptable system.

DSC_0001_1.jpg

DSC_0002_1.jpg

I'll stitch this together as soon as I have a bit more time, then dye it and see if it'll do the job.......Hanging the chest pack from the shoulder straps of the pack means that you also have the use of it as a shoulder bag without all the extra harness, too

Just my thoughts on it so far :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
made a couple in the past out of Mil spec admin pouches - Tactical tailor and Blue force gear IIRC

I just went with the chest rig cross strap approach as it was cheaper

bought the hardware and webbing from britishtactical.com

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
JohnnyBoy; the administration pouch from Condor would work but you maybe need to decide on what it will carry for sizing before purchase. The standard administration pouch is good for light items and as an organiser for the small stuff and 'to hand' items only

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Have you had a look at RIBZ. I have a Condor large admin pouch in tan/CB. If you want photos with stuff in it let me know it'll also be for sale if needed. I did have a black one set up a few years ago I attached it to my rucksack straps using a grimloc.

Jun 23, 2015
United States
There is a Kifaru Koala Lite 2 inch pocket for $20.80 on their website. It's not the main portion, but may work depending on what you want to put in.

I have both the Koala lite and the HPG recon chest rig. Both have their own features that I like.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I got a Raidlight Chest pack ( adds an extra 4lt and two bottle holders) that clips onto the rucksack straps and waistbelt. I've yet to try it in anger but it fits nicely on my Innov8 lightweight pack. Not bad for £12 ish delivered.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
someone on here modded a snugpak response pack to go on their chest when wearing a rucksack. Seems similar?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE