Helle GT

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Floki

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2016
Slovenia
If you're on a budget, I suggest you buy a blank blade and make the handle and sheath yourself. Helle makes blank blades for every knife they make, I just bought myself a Helle Viking Blank Blade :)
But yeah Helle Knives are great and very durable, you just have to take care of it and it will last you a lifetime.

Cheers Floki

Last edited:

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
The Helle blades are a triple laminated stainless steel, which I believe makes its edge retention very good and it's also less prone to corrosion. My Helle Temagami certainly needs less sharpening on a whetstone than a non-laminated standard 01 blade, just an occasional bit of stropping between uses really, but that's partly why the prices are higher. I have never owned a TBS knife or the Helle GT so can't comment on their use, but as you will always see quoted on here, "it depends what you're going to use it for". Hopefully some of the more experienced members, especially the knife makers, can help your decision. There are some good threads on knife choices and also some excellent knife makers on this forum who could make a bespoke blade and sheath for you (depending on money!)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE