Cook pot choices...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I'm trying to figure out my next cook pot investment but I'm tied between two choices. Either the snow peak trek 1400 or the solo pot 1800. I know they're different materials but to me that's swings and roundabouts so I'm not too bothered. I like the bail on the solo pot but the frying pan lid on the snow peak is useful too.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these or indeed any other brand to help mess up my decision making any further? 😂

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Can't compare the two but I own a solo pot 1800. I really like it, lots of nice little design features, quality construction and the eBay woodgas stoves nest nicely inside. It's an excellent billy but then you would very much hope so for £40 odd quid.

242.jpg

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
I'm into the more traditional side of kit so I like the zebra billy. Built like a tank but it is quite heavy:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on your choice list, but in between your two sizes...

Tatonka 1.6L Kettle:

http://www.tatonka.com/Product/Outoor-Kitchen/Cookware/Kettle-16/en/1/4002

I moved to this from the Zebras a few years ago now and have never felt the need to change. With the 1.0L nested inside, I can bake, boil, steam, fry, roast anything I would do at home for 2-3 people.

Titanium, for me, is only really good for boiling water - so the smaller and lighter the better. I use a Ti canteen, cup and alcohol stove as part of a lightweight set up when I go hiking.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I'm another Tatonka fan, the 1.6L pot is very good for one person. If your planning to fry anything look into buying a separate trangia non-stick fry pan. The lid of the tatonka is okay-ish as a fry pan but its rounded shape can make it a bit more awkward to use.

Tonyuk

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I think I will be going for the snow peak, I think Id stick with my zebra billy if only it had some kind of handle. I've got a Trangia pot grab that I use with it but I think it could be far less faffy just to have handles.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I'm 100% with Fin on this one re. the Tatonkas. I'm not sure whether it's really the answer you're looking for, but all I can say is that they've been my go-to cooking pans for some years now - and I have tried titanium, Zebras etc etc....!

Not on your choice list, but in between your two sizes...

Tatonka 1.6L Kettle:

http://www.tatonka.com/Product/Outoor-Kitchen/Cookware/Kettle-16/en/1/4002

I moved to this from the Zebras a few years ago now and have never felt the need to change. With the 1.0L nested inside, I can bake, boil, steam, fry, roast anything I would do at home for 2-3 people.

Titanium, for me, is only really good for boiling water - so the smaller and lighter the better. I use a Ti canteen, cup and alcohol stove as part of a lightweight set up when I go hiking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE