HI from South East Sheffield UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
Hi Folks, I joined yesterday.
I'm 48 and live in the S20 area of Sheffield, a stone's throw from Rother Valley Country Park. I'm a IT consultant by day and in a rock covers band in my down time. I'm a former reservist of over 13 years service from the age of 17, so I've spent loads of time outdoors/in bivvies/camping and had a pretty good range of skills when I left in 1999. Was a cub and scout as a kid so learned loads of pioneering skills (rope and log work) as well as some simple bushcraft, which I augmented significantly as part of my TA service - I also trained as a medic towards the end of my career.
Have also previously done mountaineering and some low grade climbing nothing too technical. Been out of the outdoor life for some time now - basically since I got serious with the wife and got an instant family and one of my own along the way. My son has got older now- he's about to turn 14 and in the air cadets, so he's getting interested in the outdoor life too. Recent ankle surgery has given me an excuse to get outdoors more as part of my rehabilitation, and I've been doing some decent walks in around Sheffield as part of the Sheffield Country Walk (the route goes past my village). I'm currently doing a video diary of the Sheffield Country Way (all 53 miles) which I'm walking in stages starting from where I live and doing about 10 miles a walk/stage. Part 1 is already on my YT channel and I'm looking to finish the video of stage 2 as quickly as life can allow.
I got rid of most of my tactical field kit when I left the TA (still have my Golok and Basha) but I'm starting to get together some new kit together to allow me to get back into bushcraft/outdoor skills so I can pass on the knowledge to the boy.
Basically looking to hook up with folks in my area to learn and share knowledge and skills.

See in the woods...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE