G'day :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 4, 2016
Sweden
Hi everyone :)

Awesome community you have here!

I'm an Aussie living in Sweden - I moved here 3 years ago to work at a AAA game dev studio here and to live with my hubby who is a Swedish marine officer.

I've been on maternity leave for the past year and we moved to the middle of the forest and purchased an old farm and have been building a homestead ever since - it's been amazing learning more about bushcraft and survival, as well as traditional homesteading skills - we raise our own livestock, grow and preserve crops.

I'm also making a bushcraft survival game (because I can't find any other games out there that do it well - they're usually full of zombies, PVP, scavenging canned food and using modern tools).

I still have a lot to learn about bushcraft and survival but it's the best hobby ever and it's so rewarding to share it with my young kids.

I'm glad to have found this site because most of the local ones near me are in Swedish, I figure the UK is close enough! I'm hoping to fly over and go to a Ray Mears course some time :)

Thanks for having me!
~Ava

Welcome from northern California, Ava!

... I'm also making a bushcraft survival game (because I can't find any other games out there that do it well - they're usually full of zombies, PVP, scavenging canned food and using modern tools)...

This is a terrific idea! And it gives you a chance to combine your vocation with your hobby. Terrific!

Please be conscientious about the behaviors and techniques you show in the game. People may use it as a learning tool and model their behavior after what they see in the game, whether you want them to or not! For this reason, research the game carefully. You want to help others not hurt them. It also protects you from potential liability.

I can't wait to play it!

- Woodsorrel

Jun 4, 2016
Sweden
Thanks Woodsorrel, good points and something I'm very aware of - I can't stand irresponsible, sensationalist 'survival' shows. Much prefer to watch Ed Stafford than Bear Grylls :) That said, I'll have to stress the fact it's designed to be inspiration to get outdoors but not a replacement for real education. Maybe some of the game mechanics can be about safety precautions - and actually have consequences for 'unsafe' behaviour, just to counteract the dramatic info that exists in other entertainment. A good point to think about, hmm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE