Is this a civvy version of a Bergen?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Right - to finish up here (probably!).......

Berghaus have been back in touch; the 'sac came out in 1982 not 1984 as they previously thought, and they're happy for me to share the info they sent if anyone requires it. Some piccies from their catalogue of the time below (I doubt you can read them but PM me if you would like them and I'll get a pdf out).

IMG_20160604_1807181_zpsr1sneqov.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20160604_1823141_zpsratov73r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20160604_1822401_zpsud9kin4k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bob:)

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye.. Good on Berghaus sending you the info.. about the bergen :)

Last edited:

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
Berghaus gear is bombproof. I had the Cyclops Roc 70 ltr pack in OD. The current British issue bergan is derived from the Berghaus Vulcan which was released not long after the Roc Late 80's IIRC. I had the side pouches for the Roc which had a hard plastic back with loops for the side compression straps to go through. I later got a set of replacement side pouches for the Vulcan, which I strapped to the side using the straps as there were no zips on the Roc. That pack went all over with me back in my twenties, and was ultimately spoiled when I lent it to my brother to take to Reading for a music festival. He put it away in the shed **** wet through and the mould got a hold of it. We almost fell out over that.
I've had a Berghaus Freeflow II 35 ltr pack for about 10 years now. It's my go-to hiking day pack unless i'm travelling really light, in which case I use an OMM Classic 25.

For longer stays I tend to use an issue bergan or my sons Webtex 3/4 bergan which comes in at 70 ltr, depending on how much I need to carry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE