Skinner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Something a little different from the workshop.

A skinner for a chap in the US.

4mm 01, Reindeer antler handle, brass bolsters front and rear. Fully sharpened swedge.

Pretty much a full custom job.

Hope you like it. :)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Now that is truly beautiful !

congratulations Mark, that's stunning !

With this knife, I think you have taken things to another level. :)

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
3 days to make...fiddly is all i can say. Bit hairy doing the grinds too as i hold the blade in my hands the whole time and sharp edges on both sides makes it a bit awkward. :D

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I was about to ask about grinding with the sharpened swedge. But then I noticed you answered! Very fine work indeed mark

Haggis

Nomad
I reckon it'll be great, when it gets here; for skinning bears, deer, and beaver. I've an old Solingen made knife of a similar shape with a sharpened swedge I've use to that purpose for well over 40 years. One knife, two totally different blades, and a spear point for splitting bones when quartering large varmints,,, plus it's plenty handy for general purposes around a camp,,,

It's a good sort of knife,,, can't wait to put this knife to work,,,

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Yeah, Haggis, I can believe it. Just as soon as I saw the edges, I was flopping it back and forth to do up a buck.
I think that the design is a keeper. No fiction. Based on application and need.

I think that HillBill can sense the client's desires, needs and application.
The handle ain't too shabby, either.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Beautiful. I must say I've seen your work develop from the early days and the learning curve you have taken. The knives you are making now are in the higher upper end of UK makers. Nice one matey.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Very nice. Liking that. :bigok:

Cheers mate. :)

Beautiful. I must say I've seen your work develop from the early days and the learning curve you have taken. The knives you are making now are in the higher upper end of UK makers. Nice one matey.

Thanks JD.:)

Aye, its been an uphill struggle. 7 years worth. Its all good. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE