The good things that made you smile today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Just an a idea where people can share happy thoughts and good things that has happened to them on this day or through the week

The reason behind this is in my mind is to just share what has made you smile or gave you a pick up in life that you needed

I would like to see what is making over people happy and enjoy life that bit more 😀

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Earlier this week I bought a new crash helmet. After much lecturing/nagging by my Grandaughter when she found out my expensive Shoei helmet was over 20 years old,.."Grandad the padding's too old, and you must have dropped it...and the strap might be worn and it's black so you can't be seen easily...".
So off to the bike shop..and this is the happy bit..after trying on a few, Shoei, Arai etc: I found one that fitted perfectly and it is high-viz yellow .. more smiley points from Grandaughter..;).. Shop assistant said he could do a £30 reduction if I didn't mind him listing it as a "senior discount". I replied he could call it Donald Duck discount if he wanted, for £30 I wasn't complaining.
So I now look like a Daffodil on a Moto Guzzi, and Grandaughter is happy...:lmao:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just seen this thread, great idea goodjob...

Well, today I had a lovely walk by the river with Shelly and the Dog and while walking up our road (I know this sounds lame) I ran my hands through the leaves of the beech bushes that border us and our neighbour and the leaves are really soft and furry and they're just so alive looking, vibrant, it really made me happy :D

Yesterday we had a jaunt up Pen Y fan, that was lovely as well, good for the spirit and the lungs (even if my knee is playing up today :D)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's still morning here for me but already I've enjoyed my first smile when I picked up my youngest grandson to take him to pre-school. I see him and his older brother early (about 06:00) every week morning and always get the same great feeling :) Grandkids are great!

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
My day started off great

Well this morning i woke and did my usual routine went and made a coffee until by the odd chance i looked up towards my fish pond its about 4 ft squared

To my surprise there was a heron fishing in my little pond i doubt my gold fish thought it was funny but it really made me laugh

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough
Had a hard frustrating day at work followed by a rather warm sweaty 5 mile cycle home.
Get home to find my wife had bought me some cans (I don't drink so my poison is vanilla coke!) & even put then in the fridge :)

Sit down with a nice cold can, stick the radio on & probably the most uplifting song I know is playing <3

https://youtu.be/0NFV8dHrZYM

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Gratitude lists are always a good idea.

In March 2013 I was walking in this wood. With a wee lump in my neck that I thought needed looking at. It did. Not good.

03F0B766-8172-4D94-9744-7EF6D0E91E4E_zpstn8zaci6.jpg

3416C42C-337E-47F5-805E-56F5A849AFB8_zpsyrxukxhp.jpg

3 years on I sometimes forget to smile every day, but I do when I walk my dog up there with far less the worry that she'll outlive me.

More topical. Postie came on Friday and delivered an empty Amazon box. It should have contained a Klean Kanteen insulated pint cup, but I'd ordered from eBay so it took me a while to work out what was going on. Also, as it wasn't from Amazon, I couldn't use the returns policy.

Phoned the company and spoke to an excellent bloke who loves his camping, we chatted a while, and he said he'd send another out with next day delivery. Anyway, as I left to walk my two Jack Russells, I spotted a plastic bag at the end of the drive with a Klean Kanteen mug in it. So I phoned back to say all was well. This nice bloke said the new order had been processed, so keep the one I'd found, and he'd put a Fenix key ring torch and another mug in the package as an apology. That's two insulated pint cups, one single wall pint cup, and a torch for just under £16. We chatted on. He then sold me two Klean Kanteen 800ml Reflect water bottles at £16 each (best internet price £22.95), and said he had a shed load of Olight, Fenix, and Lenser torches as demos, and if I wanted a look at any of them he'd send them over.

That is beyond good service IMO. R&M Outdoors if you're wondering. I don't have any connection other than what I've posted here, but they do deserve the recognition. For making my day if nowt else :)

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
It puts a smile on my face truly hearing these great stories and seeing people enjoying life so thank you all for sharing and I hope many more happy days in the future for you all

Sent from my VF-795 using Tapatalk

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Well today I went for a great walk with my dog even went for a swim in our local river with her haha I don't have any children and my dog is the closest thing to it in my life

Its the little things that count

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Well from a bad day it has turned to a great day

My job I just got had fell through due to contract being cancelled so i was really down today to only get a call about 2 o clock

To only be told that I have a new job to start tomorrow for a new company its true what they say if you show you work hard people come and find you

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Spending the morning in the woods doing Forest Schools, putting up a parachute shelter just before the heavens opened then spending the next hour teaching and observing them lighting fires using firesteels.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE