Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hope everyone had a good evenings celebrations and you get out this year under the stars as much as you would like.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Love the cap blown off after looking down the barrel and shot himself when the sign fell over he leaned the gun against :rofl: :lmao:
[video=youtube;G9Yna6jUK3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Yna6jUK3g[/video]

Last edited:

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Hi, I'm looking for somewhere to camp for a few days with my 2 kids and possibly dogs, at the beginning of June. Do you know of anywhere localish that would be good? Wooded would also be good. Toilets and a water supply would be a bonus. Is a meet up organised any time soon?
Thanks in advance

Been a bit busy recently. Move into narrowboat went pretty smoothly, and winter was OK. Was tough at times and some v. Cold nights. I have to say, the romantic side of fire lighting in that burner is well and truly dead now. I use wilko fire lighters indoors now, tends to happen when you light a fire over 170 times since November as part of daily routine. Outdoors I'm only interested in teaching myself friction and then I'm using a lighter!
Planning on owning my first canoe within a month, been looking since Xmas.
Not done much in the way of making stuff, that's been on the back burner since having to do work on the boat and such - and yet still more to do!
Downloaded tapatalk now which is surprisingly handy, so can keep tabs on the group.

Hope to get out in the woods soon!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm looking for somewhere to camp for a few days with my 2 kids and possibly dogs, at the beginning of June. Do you know of anywhere localish that would be good? Wooded would also be good. Toilets and a water supply would be a bonus. Is a meet up organised any time soon?
Thanks in advance
Oh just a thought, there's somewhere I've been indenting to go to called the old vicarage campsite that provides a metal brazier for open fires. In Norfolk. Check it out :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Rabbitrex, haven't heard from you for some time, no plans for a meet as yet have other things on the go at the moment but keep an eye on the thread for the next meet up.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I've been a bit the same with work and scouting, being the acting group scout leader for 2nd Wittering is eating up all my spare time, must put a slot in the diary for a meet up, sorry for being on the down low

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Oh just a thought, there's somewhere I've been indenting to go to called the old vicarage campsite that provides a metal brazier for open fires. In Norfolk. Check it out :)

Thanks, I'll have a look. There seem to be quite a few options of campsites, I was wondering if there was a private woodland somewhere available. It would be lovely to be able to not have my dogs tied up and not be surrounded by other people :) Can be tricky when the dogs like getting tangled up in guy lines!
I've not been on for a while, other things going on I guess. I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity on here considering the weather is turning around but life gets in the way doesn't it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE