Ray mears in basingstoke

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
lolol......but youve just committed an even worse sin....youve mentioned polictics.....big no-no on here and we dont want to start a Trump conversation.....we'd need an entire forum to cope with that.....but seriously, Trump, what an appropriate name.....

aaaaargh i've done it again....wheres me whip.....:p

this conversation is over.....youll get me in trouble....

s

Whoops, sorry. Back on track. Um yes Ray Mears, Excellent chap. I love the approach that he has toward bushcrafting. He is partly why I am in this forum. The British approach has a certain "je ne sais quoi". It is hard to explain. I love my country but I feel more tuned to the conservationist attitude that seems to be stereotypical of the British and European bushcrafter. Many of my countrymen take it for granted that there are wild spaces here that are as big as many countries. The American pioneer saw those wild spaces as almost an enemy to conquer. Some of that attitude remains in some places. Ray Mears presented an approach that I had not seen before (on TV specifically), a love and gentle handling of nature.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
No not yet.

Did I ever tell you about the time in Canada I had drunk a little too much Rye and was standing at the bar b que cooking when it suddenly struck me that I was grilling bear?

You maybe needed to be there or at least drinking Rye. Sonni I'm guessing you would have been over-cooking that one.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve581

Sep 2, 2011
Lindford
I agree bud it was a great evening.

My first time attending a talk by Ray Mears and I certainly hope it will be the first of many.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE