Ebay.......I've had enough!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Morning Angst,
Might be crazy but I'm hoping the world will increasingly start to value individual crafters and traders and their goods much more than the retail giants and the brand new mass produced output.
But in order to get our wares seen we decide we will dance with the devil, whether that is Amazon, Etsy, EBay, PayPal, Visa etc, our choice.
Don't blame eBay for behaving in a way we would expect a corporation like eBay to behave, nor to get frustrated when an unscrupulous individual behaves unscrupulously.
Like I tell my children (& lots of other people's too) don't hand over your 'powerball ' to someone else, especially someone who has wound you up on purpose. Take that deep breath, move on, be the better person and you will have a bigger powerball in your hands.

OK I know you all might be peeing yourselves with laughter by now, 'what is he on about', but this is usually meant for 9 year olds, sorry!

Last point, do you have your own commerce website? At least you're in more control with, possibly, less fees.

Handcrafted bags and kit upcycled from leather, canvas and even rubber at http://www.ragsto.com

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
You just have no luck with ebay mate! I think I would be just as livid as you, I had a similar problem recently with a purchase over Etsy and it really gets to you. I think it's the principle.

To be honest I have stayed clear of Ebay for selling, preferring to just stick to my own website and etsy. This thread hasn't filled me with any confidence that's for sure! Hope you get it sorted soon and can put it to rest mate

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I know how you feel, I had negative feedback on my facebook business site, from a person I've never worked for, In a town I've never been to, & the account was a new one, & was closed after the feedback was left. I'm fairly sure I know who it is who did this, but can't prove it.

Rob

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Sorry I haven't read through all the posts so sorry if I repeat something.

Ebay aren't worried these days about bad people, they just worry about the money! I sold something and the buyer offered to collect and I waited in all day and they didnt turn up. After that all comms went dead! Reported them and ebay done nothing apart from mark their account as a non payer. I looked into it and they had only had an ebay account for 6 months, had a negative feedback as a seller and two sellers had left positive feed back with a negative comment as you cant leave negative for a buyer. That meant I was at least the 4th in 6 months as others may have done the same as me. Then I check now and they are still purchasing items!!!

Also the big sellers that have thousands of sales a month, if you look at their negative feedback they can have hundreds in a MONTH! Surely there should be pretty much a zero policy???

Anyway apart from that keep your chin up Sonni, I know how you feel, I am a bit of a perfectionist. Hopefully getting your website up and running will have a silver lining to this dark cloud :D

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi neil, dready, woof, humdrum and kev....thanks for contributing guys!

i've just received the call as promised from david at ebay....who has dealt with me in completely the opposite way from the so-called manager ronan. instead of hiding behind policy he seems to be one of those guys who sees a problem and gets it dealt with. he just told me that the entire thing is now being investigated and they are trying to link the two cowboys and has left me under the opinion that the negative feedback should be removed within a week.....

so at least thats an admittance that ebay recognise what i've said is true and hopefully they will now do their job properly and managed to find this ''absolute concrete definite non-negotiable set in stone proof'' that they feel they need.

lets see what happens, i'll keep you all posted. this was driving me to distraction last night, i couldnt sleep and worked through till about 6am to make up for the day i lost trying to deal with this....i'm feeling like a ghost right now but i guess a lot better than yesterday.

regards,

s

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi all....just put this on fb and wanted to say thanks to you all on here in case you miss it....nuff luv, s.

EBAY.....I'VE HAD ENOUGH....!!!!!!! ***UPDATE***

ok good news-ish.....there's been a slip-up by the ''two geniuses'' and now ebay have gone into a full investigation. last night and today i dealt with a very solid guy called David who's taken things forward....

but why do reputable sellers need to go through all this.....? and armed with that kind of evidence? and depend upon a slip-up by two ahem ''geniuses'' before ebay will step in and do whats right?

its beyond me....and its too much. i'm under the impression that the negative comment will now be removed so thankyou David....and even if it isnt i at least feel vindicated.... but as for Mr Cunningham and the people behind him who make ebay the company it is i have nothing good to say nor have i changed the way i feel.

full info can be read here on BCUK, where i've had massive support, as always:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138576

thankyou everyone for taking the time to add your input, advice, support and sympathies.....those of you who know me personally understand i'm someone who is prepared to shout very loudly if needed.....a lot of people tell me to calm down etc etc and many might think its an immature way to be and thats fair enough but one thing i believe is that in cases like this and many many similar times before if i hadnt kicked off and caused a scene or made a decision to act and do something about it myself absolutely nothing wouldve been achieved or resolved. i'm a big believer that you should stand up for yourself and damn the consequences when right is right......it seems to be needed in this day and age just so you dont get fobbed off and treated like one of 8billion other numbers. unfortunately too many times i've seen politeness, nice people, manners, abiding by rules etc only go so far.

ok rant over and thanks again,

s

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh I complain; very politely but I can be damned insistent :D :eek: and I agree, if no one complains then nothing changes. We just need to remember that it's people trying to do their job that we're dealing with, and it's probably (no kidding, would you do it ???) decidedly fraught. People who approach them civilly with clear information must be a blessing, and so much easier to deal with.

I hope it's all sorted properly and you never have a recurrance of idiots like that again. The chipped record seller sounds like a troll. What a moron to go to all that hassle just to down someone else out of sheer spite.
Life's too short, and folks like that need to get one.

atb,
M

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hiya toddy.....but i dont believe you should have to be insistent.

i'm polite at first but when it comes to the being insistent bit i tend to favour a large club (figuratively speaking of couse lol) or taking matters into my own hands.

still chuckling about your pm last night.....growing roses hahaha! x

Oh I complain; very politely but I can be damned insistant :D :eek: and I agree, if no one complains then nothing changes. We just need to remember that it's people trying to do their job that we're dealing with, and it's probably (no kidding, would you do it ???) decidedly fraught. People who approach them civilly with clear information must be a blessing, and so much easier to deal with.

I hope it's all sorted properly and you never have a recurrance of idiots like that again. The chipped record seller sounds like a troll. What a moron to go to all that hassle just to down someone else out of sheer spite.
Life's too short, and folks like that need to get one.

atb,
M

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
right now i hate the world. cant say how i'm feeling inside.

whilst theyve assured me the two involved are being ''looked into'' they also tell me that due to their policy they cannot remove the feedback.

thats not enough for me. if i was in power, ebay would be gone by the close of business today. gone. their buildings destroyed and their staff unemployed. wouldnt be surprised if i get banned for the things i just said on the phone what with the multiple warnings i got for swearing and much more.

i feel murderous and i cannot wait for my kids to come home so i can have a hug and feel my humanity come back. i hate ebay even more than the two scumbags who've caused this. hate doesnt do it justice. loathe. despise.....there just isnt a word to sum it up.

i can see why people flip, grab a rifle and head for a tower. god give me strength.

and if anyone thinks that what i've just said above is unprofessional or immature then i'd ask one question....''do you work for ebay?''

s

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Really sorry to hear of this mate, sometimes you just can't win eh? I know it's a real setback but I wouldn't give up on it - you'll have thousands of customers who are over the moon with what they've had from you and I'm sure anyone who knows you or your work would join me in sayings it simply fantastic and the best quality you can get. Like I said mate there's always some who'll ruin it wherever you go but your reputation speaks for itself :).

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok......just spent the last hour ranting on the phone to craig (leaflife bushcraft) and countryman....i'm blessed and thankful for the friends i have around me....feeling calmer.....love you guys....

will be getting myself off ebay as much as possible even if it takes me a lifetime....they have me and so many others bent over a barrel.....mortgages to pay, kids to feed.....need to continue working on my website and looking for new marketplaces,....

etsy will be my first port of call.....as for ebay they can **** *** *** ***.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE