What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marra33

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
Cumbria lake district
ha ha yeah I noticed that on the last reply too, last year was a very cheap and very chearfull wilko job, no good what so ever, that was just for a festival, pretty new to this whole wild camping and walking, in fact only started walking the fells over the past 6-8 months, but I do enjoy getting out there, looking to do our first wild camp next week, hopefully...if I get any time off work long enough !!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I didn't buy them but for my birthday, among non-bushy stuff, I got...

A Trangia 27-2 Hard Anodised plus a gas burner, multi disc and bag.
A Thermarest Slacker Double hammock and straps.

stone monkey

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2015
east yorkshire
Won on ebay, a primus 210, origionally bid on it to use for spares for another i am renovating, but on looking closer at the pictures might have a rethink when it arrives !!, possibly another one for the collection :)

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
copper_head said:

This beauty!

attachment.php

Really nice, enjoy.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Not today, but when Valtteri (Varusteleka) made his offer of 10% off I bought:

Särmä Windproof Smock. olive green. 2X-Large Regular
Särmä merino wool long sleeve shirt. black. 2X-Large
Terävä Jääkäripuukko 140. w/ leather sheath

I have been wearing the jacket for all woodland and field archery time since delivery. Very good so far, the only small issue i have is trying to find some way of rolling the very large hood into a handy collar, because the tape loop and button are a bit too tight. I will keep my eyes opn for some OG Velcro and make something up for myself. I am a big convert to merino, and the long sleeve shirt is very comfy and warming, for a very reasonable price. The puukko seems to be holding its edge well, but i have only cut some wood with it so far into feathersticks. It was certainly super sharp on delivery :)

Last edited:

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Got some new sharps. Hultafors HD , for my Grandson, supervised use ! Opinel (7) for dedicated food prep and a nice wee edc penknife.

Pete

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Not today, but when Valtteri (Varusteleka) made his offer of 10% off I bought:

Särmä Windproof Smock. olive green. 2X-Large Regular
Särmä merino wool long sleeve shirt. black. 2X-Large
Terävä Jääkäripuukko 140. w/ leather sheath

I have been wearing the jacket for all woodland and field archery time since delivery. Very good so far, the only small issue i have is trying to find some way of rolling the very large hood into a handy collar, because the tape loop and button are a bit too tight. I will keep my eyes opn for some OG Velcro and make something up for myself. I am a big convert to merino, and the long sleeve shirt is very comfy and warming, for a very reasonable price. The puukko seems to be holding its edge well, but i have only cut some wood with it so far into feathersticks. It was certainly super sharp on delivery :)
Try rolling the hood in the direction of inside the smock (opposite from what you would normally do) and it should sit abit better also keeps the hood dry if it's raining and you have not took it out.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
It was my birthday, and I hadn't bought a new knife for nearly 2 years so I was spoiled with gifts (from myself and others)!

Left to right: Cudeman SKU, ESEE RB-3, Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe.

Last edited:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Carlisle beaver tail paddle
Palm Taupo touring pfd
Palm personal rescue knife
Crewsaver bute 100l drybag rucksack
Thule roofrack
Set of ratchet straps
10m floatline

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
A very comfy gel seat from lidl at the princely sum of £7.99
Also an under seat bag and tool punture kit for a fiver at lidl
Mountain warehouse had a half price sale on bike lights and then I found it was buy one get one free, woohoo.
Didn't have any bite tubes for my hydration bag though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE