Hestra glove failure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
I've had a pair of hestra loke gloves for about 5 weeks now, they've had some light use to date and yesterday my little finger popped out the side. On inspection the leather had failed. I took some photos and emailed them over to hestra yesterday, I also copied in the company whom I purchased them from. I've heard nothing from hestra as yet but I have already received a replacement pair from the company who sold them to me. They contacted me within minutes of getting my email to hestra and said they would send out replacements, they even sent me a different size (slightly smaller) because I'd told them the originals were a little large on me.

The company I bought them off have always been good to deal with and I've bought a few things off them. The level of service and response to this issue deserves to be applauded, I live in rural scotland and most things take days to arrive. So a massive thanks to Open Air Cambridge , I'll be back.
20160309_092202.jpg

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
thats a bummer mate, sounds like you have a good retailer though. good customer care is so important these days. i guess even a quality company like hestra have off days and, using natural materials there is always a risk of a defect that can't be seen with the naked eye. i have several pairs that get very well abused and never had a problem.
will deff check out open air cambridge

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Nice to get good service, shame we are impressed when it should be the norm

Never come across that store before, thanks for the heads up! :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Open air cambridge are a good store. I bought a pair of hestra falt gloves from them as well, and one of the liners had a hole in the thumb, so they contacted hestra, sent me a new pair of liners for free!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE