Condore bushlore first project w/pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Looks superb with the oiled wood!
For a sheath, if you don't fancy leatherwork, a serviceable sheath can be made out of wood. Cut a blade shaped recess out of a piece of plywood, then laminate up layers around it, and shape as desired. Not pretty, but good to keep the edge protected.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
I ordered the same blank last week and going to be doing my own handle this week. Hopefully I'll manage as good a job as you have!

How does the condor feel now as a finished and functioning knife? It was slightly larger than I though when mine arrived, but its hard to tell how it handles while unfinished.

Gallus

Nov 17, 2014
Essex
I ordered the same blank last week and going to be doing my own handle this week. Hopefully I'll manage as good a job as you have!

How does the condor feel now as a finished and functioning knife? It was slightly larger than I though when mine arrived, but its hard to tell how it handles while unfinished.
c467ef940918d3cc5c751037abe9ffc0.jpg

I have a Bushlore straight off the conveyor belt and I like the size of it to be honest. Just bigger than a lot of Bushcraft knives but not so big to start falling into "camp knife" territory.

I sanded the handle up to 1500g and used a "natural" wood sealer (mistake?) after a couple of Tung Oil applications I tried a Tru-Oil treatment with a sheen Conditioner.

The flecks you see in the pic are the wood sealer!

Unique or just plain ugly?

I'm not lost, just spoiled for choice of direction of travel.

MrSpeedyBiker

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2016
Chandlers ford

I have big hands so suits me just fine. Lovely feel to it in my opinion

we think we are superior, but nature always wins eventually.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
I have big hands so suits me just fine. Lovely feel to it in my opinion

we think we are superior, but nature always wins eventually.

You've made me more impatient, wish I could start mine already. I'm literally waiting for some fibre board so I can line the handles.

I have a Bushlore straight off the conveyor belt and I like the size of it to be honest. Just bigger than a lot of Bushcraft knives but not so big to start falling into "camp knife" territory.

I sanded the handle up to 1500g and used a "natural" wood sealer (mistake?) after a couple of Tung Oil applications I tried a Tru-Oil treatment with a sheen Conditioner.

The flecks you see in the pic are the wood sealer!

Unique or just plain ugly?

Definitely not ugly! It looks great, I'm sure sealer will wear in time and shouldn't have too many negative effect's? I personally like the flecks, highlights the grain.

It was the width of the blade that surprised me on arrival, although with the handle it looks a lot tamer.

You guys have given me a standard to reach now with my knife. :)

Gallus

Nov 17, 2014
Essex
You've made me more impatient, wish I could start mine already. I'm literally waiting for some fibre board so I can line the handles.

Definitely not ugly! It looks great, I'm sure sealer will wear in time and shouldn't have too many negative effect's? I personally like the flecks, highlights the grain.

It was the width of the blade that surprised me on arrival, although with the handle it looks a lot tamer.

You guys have given me a standard to reach now with my knife. :)
Pics are a must!

And if you do something out of the ordinary, document it so I can get some fresh ideas for these boys...

c836f1234ee7567c40e9f1abd3bb4650.jpg

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Ref Condor Blanks, although I think these blades are very good, you may as well buy the finished Knife, as if you do ,you get the Leather sheath for an extra £5, £20 for the Blank, £24.99 for the finished Knife and the sheath itself is comparable to those going for £25

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Ref Condor Blanks, although I think these blades are very good, you may as well buy the finished Knife, as if you do ,you get the Leather sheath for an extra £5, £20 for the Blank, £24.99 for the finished Knife and the sheath itself is comparable to those going for £25

But then its just another condor butler, and you don't get the satisfaction of making your own!!

Good job Ash, its turned out real nice

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE