How small do British army bivvi bags pack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beech

Jun 23, 2015
surrey
I've had a good google but can't find any photos of a packed one?

Just trying to get a vague idea if I could l put it around my sleeping bag and still get it in my current compression sack like I do with my stratosphere (falling out of love with that thing)
or if i'd need a substantially larger stuff sack.

cheers

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Depends on your compression sack, they don't pack down that well, if I'm going into sausage mode about 500mm long and a coke can diameter, or you can double that over, you get the drift, hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rabid

Nomad
Dec 15, 2014
Sleaford Lincolnshire
I dont compress my bivvi bag and sleeping bag together.
I do keep them together and put them into my bergan like that and that way the sleeping/bivvi bag seem to accomodate free space that you have in there.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I get away with putting my sleeping bag inside it and then putting it in the compression sack - seems to disappear! If I pack it separately it seems to be as big as a tarp :)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
i always pack the sleeping bag up with the bivi still around it in the stuff sack, or if i'm using a lightweight summer bag, i just stuff it in the bottom of my bergen liner.That way you get even less chance of a bag getting wet inside the bergen, and it is waterproofed and ready to go as soon as you extract it. If left on its own, folded into a 'Z' lengthways, and rolled tightly, i find the british issue bivi takes up about as much space as a sigg bottle, or perhaps fractionally larger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE