Old canvas frame bed and stove acquired..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Hey chaps. I've acquired these two interesting treasures. Just wondering if anyone has any info on them. Not really scrutinised the condition of the bed yet, but the stove looks 100% bomb proof. A quick look doesn't show any damage to bed. I'll try and take some better pictures when I get the chance.

uploadfromtaptalk1451933777943.JPG

uploadfromtaptalk1451933822579.JPG

uploadfromtaptalk1451933829950.JPG

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Sorry, yeah those images are pretty poor. Tapatalk seems to have a low limit recently.
The bed has a stamp saying 'challenge frame mk 5' the stove is a monitor type.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
ive a couple of beds similar. mine are safari beds iirc. very comfy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I was thinking of maybe only taking the canvas bit, and fashioning a wooden frame when out. Can see it being multi use too. Guess I'll need some specific tools for the stove though.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
The camp beds are very comfy, although it's worth lying on a mat also if it's cold. I'm not sure I would take it apart as the metal frame is integral to the design. I got mine from a chap at a car boot who had been issued it back in the 70's whilst based in Hong Kong. His wife (innocently) said they had had lots of 'fun' with it.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
The stove cleaned up quite nicely, a few dinks, but nothing to worry about. Looking at other monitor stove videos, it seems I'm missing the removable circular cap that goes over the top. Is that needed for best burn? spreading the flame? Does anyone have a source for parts like this, washers etc?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE