Shining Cliff Woods - An offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
What was the name of the hotel we're staying at again? :lmao:

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Shouldn't be too far from luxury accommodation considering the gear we're all taking :D

Thankfully we'll have the sky as a ceiling and trees for walls... so I'll be a happy man. My biggest problem in the woods I've stayed in so far is getting out of my hammock in a morning... it makes such a difference being outside, I could lie there all day.

I need to make a spatula this weekend though... mines broken and I have had to pack a plastic one. :(

Have to be completely honest... looking forward to getting away from the news for a weekend. Damn its depressing!

johntarmac

May 17, 2015
Herts
Should be there round about 12.30 - 1 hopefully. The missus keeps saying I should go up in the campervan but I'm resisting.

A spatula is on my to-do list also.

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Have a good one chaps. Gonna miss you all this weekend ��
Stay safe and keep warm ��

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know if it's pay and display or free parking?

Just checking whether I need to find a cash machine or not!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

johntarmac

May 17, 2015
Herts
Have a good one chaps. Gonna miss you all this weekend ��
Stay safe and keep warm ��

Cheers rhyan, we had a cracking weekend so thank you for getting the ball rolling on that and a shame you weren't able to make it.
Thanks also to Dewi for carrying on with the ball,
Mick for the tasty animal products.
Lord Richard for being such a good sport and keeping a stiff upper lip throughout.
Ged and his pot of rice pudding.

All for their good company.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Splendid weekend... I've just returned from it... was rather a long journey home all things considered!

Anyway, pleasure to meet John, Sir Richard and of course the Mighty Mick..... and good to see Ged again. Better late than never Ged I shall name him from now on.... and a proper hardy chap he is too.... snow? Wind? Rain? No obstacle... just throw down a bivvy bag and be done with it!!!

Mick, you are to be commended on having the world's smallest tarp! Equally commended on your meat selection... very tasty!

John, skutch down a little... keep the weather off your face. Meanwhile, stop ,looking longingly at my designs... they're not meant for that!

And Richard, my old fellow... do ensure the help don't interrupt my morning abolitions again, what? You're a sport.... best sense of humour I've experienced in years!!

Enjoyed the experience, enjoyed the company thoroughly, but a bit too busy a wood for my liking... not likely I'll be dropping into that one again. I have an aversion to members of the public spying on my underwear drawer... so I think another location is in order if we want to get the band back together gents! Don't get me wrong, beautiful location, great company, good food... but spoiled by the idiots who can't control their dogs and members of the public who don't have the good manners to keep their selves to themselves.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
We also found the best way to deter hikers from coming to visit is to stand in a balaclava chopping wood with a large machete in almost total silence!

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Gents, sorry its taken so long to get in touch. A lot has happened over the past month which meant I wasn't able to join you on the Shiny Cliff weekender and I extend special apologies to Dewi and Mick who I spent a while organising the logistics of the trip with. An uncle of mine flew over from the states with some particularly bad news and a few factors have forced me to resign from my job so I've been spending my time dealing with this hence the late return to the forum. Although I'm still jobless I'm back, and look forward to more off topic ramblings with you lot.

Glad to read you all had a great time :D

Wacker

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I used to be part of the original "Derbyshire bushcrafters" that met there, we always had problems with people walking through our camp and even hunters with dogs and guns coming through at all hours of the morning. The guy that used to do all the organizing stopped to have kids, no one was available to take over the running so the group died a death. I've since helped a little in setting up the Britton Woods bushcrafters, which is just up the road near Ashover. Good luck with the meets at Shining Cliff, it is a real nice spot just a bit too public. If you know what I mean.

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE