Pre Xmas weight loss plan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Do you want to shed a few excess pounds before Xmas?
Do you want time to catch up on your reading?
Want time to just sit around at home?
Try my proven diet plan - I have lost about 12lbs of fat, sat around a lot and read several books and watched shows I have not had time to see before ... and all in less than a week.
No exercise, no specially prepared food, no effort...

Norovirus!

It works!

But it has cost about £300 in lost earnings....

Feeling a bit better now, despite not having eaten for 3 days... and trust me - it involves a lot of sitting...
Merry Xmas build up everyone!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats nowt John, I lost over 60kg when I had TB:(

Get well soon John, that virus you had is doing the rounds at the moment mate.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Actually - I hope to keep the weight off...
Not a realistic aim I fear...

:cool: best of luck to you :D

Have a look into virgin coconut oil ~ non hydrogenated ;) ~ your body will process it as a carb and not a fat. Still all the calories of a fat though ;) . I have about a tablespoon with my breakfast each morning (and you know how I have to watch fats :eek: ) and my *need/want* for snacking has become almost non existant :D . Basically it's 'kind of' insulin friendly ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh not good Mr. Fenna. Hope you get well soon, its no fun being ill. You'd think by now something would've evolved that made being ill actually feel nice! Still think of that "beach body" its giving you in time for the Christmas holidays! You'll cut a dash when you surf Cardigan Bay on the 25th. ;)
Get well soon Sir.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ooh nasty. Sympathies.

I did the alternative 'ruptured gall bladder' plan. Lost a stone and a half in just two weeks, and got looked after by a gorgeous doctor too :D

The downside? Off the scale excruciating pain, having to wear an abdominal drain to remove the internal bleeding, two minor blood transfusions, and hospital food (which might have been the real reason for the weightloss) :(

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ooh nasty. Sympathies.

I did the alternative 'ruptured gall bladder' plan. Lost a stone and a half in just two weeks, and got looked after by a gorgeous doctor too :D

The downside? Off the scale excruciating pain, having to wear an abdominal drain to remove the internal bleeding, two minor blood transfusions, and hospital food (which might have been the real reason for the weightloss) :(

The best meal I ever had was in hospital!
A not very hot veggie goulash (ordered by the beds previous occupant) - fantastic and delicious!
Mind you - it was after 4 days "nil by mouth"....
As a sufferer from kidney stones with a long history of hospital stays for pain control during episodes of Renal Colic, I have developed a respect for hospital food (the nurses stations generally have a toaster and reasonable marmalade) and a fondness for strong opiates that is a little worrying....
My best ever weightloss plan was expeditioning in Ghana and developing what was put down to either "a virus" or "passing gallstones" - I came home a stone lighter ... but could not work for months after while they ran all sorts of inconclusive tests...

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments:)
Tomorrow I am going to experiment with a little solid food after having subsisted for the past several days on Dioralyte, rat pak fruit flavour sachets (I had a store of them as they are one thing I normally don't use up when eating a la MOD) and tea.
A boiled egg will probably taste fantastic!:)

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Do you want to shed a few excess pounds before Xmas?
Do you want time to catch up on your reading?
Want time to just sit around at home?
Try my proven diet plan - I have lost about 12lbs of fat, sat around a lot and read several books and watched shows I have not had time to see before ... and all in less than a week.
No exercise, no specially prepared food, no effort...

Norovirus!

It works!

But it has cost about £300 in lost earnings....

Feeling a bit better now, despite not having eaten for 3 days... and trust me - it involves a lot of sitting...
Merry Xmas build up everyone!
Sorry to hear about the Noro John! our team is currently blocked from working in several care and dementia homes because of the 'annual winter outbreaks' of this horrible bug throughout Nottingham and Derby.

On the 'silver lining' side is it giving your shoulder a well deserved rest? Also, my Xmas gift list will soon be boosting your income John, with some of the excellent Bushcraft kit you're selling at the moment!

Hope you're much better soon my friend, take care John.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for the thoughts guys :)
I am loads better and was allowed to mix with the rest of humanity yesterday - but I am still quite weak and wobbly and need lots of rest - very boring as I have loads of things need doing!
Ah well - back to work tomorrow!
Mr Ferret - best get your order in fast ..."post early for Xmas!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE