Vegetarian Hunting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
When you're excited about hunting season but you're a vegetarian

12036978_10153208865998106_5994001739664249875_n.jpg

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Ahhh i thought you meant hunting vegetarians, you had me wondering if they made good sport, some of the vegetarians i have met who do not know how to cook properly or how to provide a balanced diet and live on frozen chips do not look like they have much energy for evading predators, The Predator would definitely not be keeping their spines and skulls as trophies

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
hahahaha!
that really made me laugh :)

ps they are very nice served as pakora's

Vegetable Pakora

1-1/3 cup chickpea (besan) flour, sifted
1 tsp. garam masala
2 tsp. ghee
2 tsp. coriander
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne
9 tbs. cold water, as needed
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/3 tsp. baking powder, optional

Combine the flour, melted ghee, lemon juice, spices and salt in a bowl and mix together well. Add 5 tbs. of cold water slowly, beating it until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps. Slowly add another 3 tbs. water and continue to beat until well mixed. It should resemble the consistency of heavy cream and easily coat a spoon. If it does not, add more water (or besan), till it does. Cover the batter and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes to let it settle. Beat again for a couple of minutes to lighten the batter. Stir in the baking powder at this point if you want a cake-like crust.

For pakoras, choose a selection of your favourite vegetables: Cauliflower florets, eggplant cut into 1/4-inch rounds, potatoes or yams cut into 1/8-inch rounds, bell peppers sliced 1/4-inch thick, zucchini cut on the diagonal, 1/4-inch thick asparagus tips. Blanch and dry all vegetables. Heat 3 inches of ghee in a wok or deep skillet till hot. Dip your vegetables in the batter and one by one slip them into the hot oil. Fry until the pakoras are golden brown on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Offer hot.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks Mors. I like to shred several vegetables for the mix of colors.
Fine-slivered Jalapeno peppers are a nice wake-up call.
Reminds me that I haven't made any for a long time.

santaman: isn't it nice to hunt something with no bag limit?

bobskie

Nov 2, 2015
Scotland
Just going hunting for carrots, need to go at night because they are nocturnal (probably because they can see well at night):lmao:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I agree: carrots are nocturnal as it's quite dark underground. Rooted to the spot, they are easy to sneak up on for lead-footed hunters like me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE