Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joe_Pak

Oct 21, 2015
Norfolk
Hi all,

I have just moved to Norfolk from South Africa, looking forward to meeting an talking to you all. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place didn't see an introduction place

Joe_Pak

Oct 21, 2015
Norfolk
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I might annoy you all with a lot of questions.

Weekender, are you a Monty Python fan perchance?

Last edited:

Joe_Pak

Oct 21, 2015
Norfolk
Hi Atlatlman

No, i'm not new to bushcraft. As a kid I used to spend days in the Kruger National Park in Mpumalanga.
As far as British bushcraft goes, yes its a bit different to what i'm used to

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Joe, some of the meet up sections don't get a lot of traffic.
Maybe if you ask the question in the "Lovely Grub" section?
Personaly I either buy from a South African butcher in Edinburgh or make it myself. Don't have a dehydeator and living in wet Scotland don't get a chance to make it outside. So sometimes if I have some lean meat I'll make up a rub/marinade and do it in the oven on low. A few of the folks on here have made boxes with lightbulbs in them that do pretty well at making biltong/jerky.
Don't thinks folks have been rude to you, the last week has been very quiet as a lot of folks have been away at meets, and especially over a weekend at this time of year many are trying to get some outside time in.
So maybe ask again where I suggested, should get some more answers. Do you make your own? Maybe start a thread with how it's done as you've more background heritage with it.
ATB,
GB.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Joe,

I dont think people were not reply as such, as Goatboy says these questions tend to be asked on the open forum, here is mainly meets ups and local chat. Personally i don't make biltong, mainly because i don't know how, but sure like the stuff.

D

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Sorry about the late reply Joe. I have been having trouble logging in. I haven't made biltong before but I have made my own Jerky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE