Andes camping gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Just wondering if anyone had experience with their gear? I have one of their bags (Ramada big loader 120) and it's actually pretty darn good especially given it was under £20 even if it does have a slightly random pocket thingy I haven't found a use for yet.
All seems really reasonably priced, and quite fancy one of their 4 season sleeping bags, I'm being a bit Spartan on myself using a 2 season job in winter. It almost seems too cheap to be true and that my backpack may have been an exception not a rule. But if anyone else has had good results from them might be worth a look

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
I've no idea what the gear is like Mick, and this certainly doesn't answer your question, but It's worth noting that their customer services are clueless. After you put me onto their big loader bags and nowhere had them in stock, I decided to email them:

"Dear Andes Camping,

I've been looking at your 120L rucksacks and was wondering when you expect to have more in stock, are you able to tell me? I'm very interested in purchasing one in olive green.

Many thanks"

"Hi Wacker,
We should be getting some more in stock during the next few months.

Kind Regards
Charlotte Fisher
Customer Service"

"Thanks Charlotte,

That strikes me as being quite a large window for a restock delivery. Is that all the info you have?

Cheers"

"Hi there,
Unfortunately I am unsure as to when the delivery will be happening so I am unable to give you a more specific date. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards
Charlotte Fisher
Customer Service"

Now in fairness I got replies fairly quickly, but they have no idea when they will have their own product in stock :confused:. I understand that they are selling a 120L rucksack for £20 so they're probably coming from china, but I used to work in sales and despite getting stock and raw materials from around the world, we could tell you at least when to expect it in...

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good to know they haven't been discontiued at least. They're actually decent quality bags, webbing is a little short but easily sew more on. I think mine was £18 in DPM, purely because that was a few quid cheaper than the black!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
I'e recently bought 2 of their 4 season sleeping bags. Not given a big test yet but the quality feels good, size is good and compressed size is good (think I would use these as part of a layered system).. let down is the compression sack. Holding the bag uncompressed is ok but when you squash it down the webbing can suddenly slip back through the retention buckle. Not really had time to inspect that element yet but maybe something could be reconfigure there.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'e recently bought 2 of their 4 season sleeping bags. Not given a big test yet but the quality feels good, size is good and compressed size is good (think I would use these as part of a layered system).. let down is the compression sack. Holding the bag uncompressed is ok but when you squash it down the webbing can suddenly slip back through the retention buckle. Not really had time to inspect that element yet but maybe something could be reconfigure there.
Plenty of room inside? Don't like feeling squished into them and if I've got a couple of layers on some of them are way too restrictive. Like I say the rucksack and water bladder I have by them are top notch. Think I would be seeing different webbing on to the compression sack, but I do carry bags externally so not a massive issue.

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
Not had the time to get in one and roll around yet in teh bag. What I bought and specs are:

Andes Nevado 400 XL

Material: 190T Polyester
Size: 240 x 90 x 60cm
Weight: 2kg approx
400GSM hollow fibre filling - 4 season rating
Internal storage pocket
Adjustable drawstring hood
Zip baffle
Shoulder baffle with adjustable drawstring
Compression Sack included (packed size: 35 x 28cm)

Cheers

Honest Outrage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Midlands
I just had to google Andes Camping to see this 120L pack for under a score for myself!! It's real! and doesn't look bad at all.

Everything seems cheap on there........ cast iron grill for £10!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I just had to google Andes Camping to see this 120L pack for under a score for myself!! It's real! and doesn't look bad at all.

Everything seems cheap on there........ cast iron grill for £10!
Reccomend that pack all day long. You can give mine a once over at shining cliff but honestly for £20 you can't really go wrong imo

Honest Outrage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Midlands
Thanks buddy! I agree, even if there were one or two issues with it, for that price it can be easily forgiven!

I might order a couple of bits just to see if the rest of their stuff is as good quality.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Thanks buddy! I agree, even if there were one or two issues with it, for that price it can be easily forgiven!

I might order a couple of bits just to see if the rest of their stuff is as good quality.
No bother. If the bag is anything to go by they're spot on. Webbing straps are too short so sewn more on, one of the pockets is pretty much useless except maybe as a map pocket. I keep my steritabs etc in it. The top pocket is a little small but houses a FAK or 16mm flare pen perfectly. All in all well worth it

Hydration bladder is good quality too, but they're much of a muchness you either get a good one or you get a wet back

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Nice one Mick. You know that point where spending 'just another £20' might push you into eating beans on toast for the rest of the month... I think I'm there haha! Damn this bushcraft shaped hole in my wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
I myself really do like the look of this bag. Am seriously considering buying 1. The only thing I cannot seem to see or locate are extra points or straps to hang other bags/kit onto.

Can anyone elaborate?

Cheers

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I myself really do like the look of this bag. Am seriously considering buying 1. The only thing I cannot seem to see or locate are extra points or straps to hang other bags/kit onto.

Can anyone elaborate?

Cheers
They do have some webbing but it's short you'll need to sew more on. I'm always modding gear so doesn't bother me but it would some

Honest Outrage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Midlands
Thanks for the heads up dude.

As luck would have it, i get occasional Amazon vouchers from some of my suppliers, i got £20 in the post today, so i went and ordered one for £2.90!!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Shame it wasn't a day or two earlier. I'm off out for a night this week, and would of liked to of tested it on a short over-nighter.

Mine took over a week to arrive with a French post mark so I wouldn't bank on it being here tbh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE