What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Strictly speaking I haven't bought these, they're gifts, but I'm rather giddy about them.

66l rucksack with aluminum support frame

100l tactical holdall

2x walking poles

DD underquilt

Waist carrybag

Tactical grab bag

Gives me the option of taking different kit depending on what I'm doing. The tactical bag can be worn like a rucksack as it includes shoulder straps... and the grab bag just slings over one shoulder. Not sure how I'd go on carrying all of them at once though.

After listening to me prattle on about making my own underquilt, my wife decided to buy me a DD one, so I've been getting puzzled looks from my kids at how excited I got at 'half a sleeping bag with elastic attached to it.'

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I got a nice leather pouch and a pair of trainers today. (my old ones are wearing out; you have seen them at the Moot; they are yellow and pink and though a comfy freebee, I will be glad to see the back of them.)

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
New (old) set of pliers for 25p!

b07ee7319815147d2f866c74399424ed.jpg

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
In a moment of completely unplanned madness while wandering around Aldi I bought one of these...

CLZ0r0jXAAAAfu8.jpg

It's pretty solidly made, says it's 250 gsm and 3 season. It's really comfy but don't think I'll be using it much outside if at all.

I thought it's probably the ideal solution for my regular bouts of insomnia when the central heating goes off over night and generally curl up on the couch under a fleece blanket which is then promptly stolen by one of my lurchers as soon as I nod off.

It was on sale for 29 quid...still cheaper than I've seen them elsewhere but still mostly a novelty purchase. My wofe says I look like a tellytubby but not sure of she means just when I'm wearing this or in general!

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
How'd you get a job modelling for Aldi? I thought they'd give you the kit to take home after the shoot, how come you had to buy it? :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
My younger brother, as a teenager, used to work for a hospital supply company and they had him modelling everything from comodes built into wheelchairs, to adult diapers. The look on his face is priceless. Hilarious. Thats one catalogue thats never getting thrown out.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
A small greenhouse. That is if we manage to fit it together from the flat-pack. Four university degrees between the two of us but it still took most of the afternoon to complete the base and the door. I've seen dissertations longer and more complicated than the instructions for this 4x6 thing.

We are spending more time reading the "Homestead" page than the "out and about" as we get older. British Red's tip for early Nantes carrots was spot on. Lots of fresh thinnings eaten raw or steamed before we left for our foreign trip and lots of good big ones for stews and grating by the time we got back two months later.

Next year we hope to get things started early for planting out then a green house full of ripe tomatoes in the autumn. Any suggestions for suitable easy care varieties welcome.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
went to drop off a letter at lunchtime and passed a charity shop in Stockbridge where they had a trekker Kelly kettle in its box with cookset and stand, "used once", cookset still in wrappings for £5, so I bought it...

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
A small greenhouse. That is if we manage to fit it together from the flat-pack. Four university degrees between the two of us but it still took most of the afternoon to complete the base and the door. I've seen dissertations longer and more complicated than the instructions for this 4x6 thing.
QUOTE]

I got a green house from freecycle, just a bunch of glass panes, and framing - no plans or instructions etc, it was a fun couple of afternoons putting that one together:) had to look at pictures on google in the hope that all greenhouses are pretty much the same...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE