Southwest Scotland bushcraft adventure,5 days 4 nights.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, well it has been a fair while since i have posted anything onto the forum, but i haven't stopped getting out into nature though.

So anyway, i thought i would share a recent trip that i took with fellow forum member Craigm9. We headed over to the Southwest coast of Scotland for a few days, chilling out in a small woodland near to the seashore, where we foraged foodstuffs from what nature provided, to supplement our carried in rations.

The views were stunning.

There were plenty of resources to be had..

My set up for the duration.

Mother nature was very kind to us indeed, with our foraging efforts. We collected, Wood sage, Thyme, Burdock, Coltsfoot, Sea Kale, Rape, Garlic Mustard, and Gooseberries to name but a few.

Also Shore Crabs and Winkles were a welcome addition.

Cooked Shore Crabs, yum yum...

The Gooseberries were lovely added to a bannock mix for breakfast.. Don't panic though, it was milk powder in the old Paracetamol tub, just in case you were wondering :cool:.

Cooked ready for munching..

And a shot of the fire with our pot suspension rig, well the pics wouldn't be complete without a shot of the fire, now would it...

And one last parting shot...

Well i hope that gave you a taste of our little adventure, bliss so it was.

OOPS! before i for get there is a video to accompany the pics, if anyone's interested...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FVWlMa6d4E

Anyway thank you for looking, and catch you soon.

Cheers Stuart.

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Looks like you had good weather for your trip Stuart and some rich pickings those gooseberries looked yummy .

Craig. ....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE