Rabbit jerky

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi,
So just read the thread about home made jerky and it sparked a memory of someone talking about making rabbit jerky in the woods.

Has anyone done this? I imagine doing it all in the woods would be a little tricky!

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Hi,
So just read the thread about home made jerky and it sparked a memory of someone talking about making rabbit jerky in the woods.

Has anyone done this? I imagine doing it all in the woods would be a little tricky!

Just keep the meat high away from the heat of the fire. You are only trying to dry it out, not cook it. I read the thread you mention. i prefer to keep my over door open slightly when making Jerky. I just jam something in the door. I also use skewers to hang the meat instead of a tray.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
when i used to use an oven for it i used to hang it on the shelfing/racking.
btw i have heard of squirell meat being jerkeid.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yup rabbit, squirrel and a fair amount of other game is good to jerk as it tends to be lean. Fat being not so good in the mix when making jerky.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE