What's wrong in this image...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Many years ago our local Sea Scout Group did a sponsored "Beach Clean" .... it was sponsored at so many pence a kilo.
The engine block we recovered made sure the day was a financial success!

Farmers are amongst the worst offenders around here - the hedges and fields are full of bits of big bale wrap, feed sacks etc but along the lanes it is the fast food wrappers, soft drink containers and (strangely enough) Listerine mouth wash bottles in huge amounts!
Living at the down wind end of our village, our driveway collects vast amounts of litter from crisp packets to ciggie packets - the curse of living near a pub!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
We don't need to depend upon ignorant locals. The Japan Current has brought us all sort of oriental rubbish.
The Tsunami and the Fukishima reactor melt down has created some concern for rubbish that glows in the dark.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
While working on a reserve for the Scottish Wildlife Trust my boss found three black bin bags stuffed full of business letters and stuff dumped behind some bushes on the reserve ,The name and address on the letters was very handy, in the middle of the night my boss, not to delicately, threw all the bags back into the garden of the original owner, No charge.
Being an amateur tracker, I look at a lot of rubbish in fireplaces, I can tell a kids fire from the pop bottles, crisp and sweet wrappers, I can forgive the kids, that's what kids do, just young buck's having fun, who hasn't ever smashed a bottle when they were a kid, I did, But when I find boil in the bag Wayfarer meals wrappers, gas bottles, paracord & polyprop rope, camera batteries, occasionally some nice camping kit that has been lost or forgotten among the rubbish (TAX) along with all the usual burnt out beer cans and cafe creme cigar tins empty whisky bottles and the occasional live trees chopped down with an axe's, I know that's not kids. I'm certainly not perfect, if it's organic, lentils, oats, rice etc general food waste, I'm quite happy giving it to the birds or just adding it to the biomass but 99% of the time Ill carry out all my rubbish and some extra, although very occasionally with a long walk out I have resorted to burning all my rubbish in a tin can with some meths, then crushing and burying the can.
Coincidently on the subject of rubbish, the first time my friend took me up a mountain, my overriding memory of that day, head down in the pissing rain all the way to the top and a triangulation pillar surrounded by hundreds o soggy weather beaten cigarette buts.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE