6point blanket carry issue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mohawk

Jul 2, 2013
Rowlands Castle
Well after a long hunt and raiding the bank account o bought a Hudson Bay 6 point blanket. It's unbelieveably warm. But scratcher than I expected. I guess that's how frontier folk liked them.
Issue I have is how do you carry it it is huge. I'd like to get some straps but they look small. How do you carry your about ?

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I have to ask, why did you buy a six point HBC blanket? The usual size for a bedroll is 3 1/2 point, or for use alone, 4 point. As far as carrying your blanket is concerned, fold the blanket in three lengthwise, which will be about 30" wide, then roll it tightly with a length of 6mm rope with a loop on each end through the middle of the roll. Once you have tied the roll firmly with more rope or 1"cotton herringbone tape, you can attach a shoulder strap or tumpline to the protruding loops of rope in the centre of the roll. I have a bedroll consisting of two 3 1/2 point blankets and a 6' by 2' sheepskin rug in a canvas outer, which is 27" wide and 14" diameter when rolled, and this is the easiest way to carry it.

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE