Birch Sap wine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Patience, young jedi. You've got a few more months bubbling ahead of you.

The colour is fine. By the looks of it, I'd say it is darker because you've still got the sultanas in the wine. Wait until it clears.

Martin

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That isn't all birch sap in there is it? You must have been very busy if it is!! Unfortunately, I missed this years due to being in Iraq. I missed the fungi in the autumn aswell. You've got a lot to answer for Tony Blair!

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
I have some birch sap wine on the go at the minute which I put to ferment on 6 March and it has already stopped. But thats probably cos I do mine different to you. I let mine steep for about 3-4 days in the bucket with the raisins and then I put it through a wine bag and then into a demijohn to finish fermenting. Then when it has stopped fermenting I rack it off into a clean demijohn and leave it to clear and then when I'm happy with the clarity I bottle it. Should be ok if everything was sterilised though, it just takes time. Good things come to those who wait.

Oops this post was added by Missy Mycelium and not Yarrow.........Forgot he was on before me :rolleyes:

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
It's looking good. As has been said, patience young padawan (if that's how it's spelt :rolleyes: ).

I was too late also, but still managed 500mls for the scouts to taste...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE