Portable BBQ for glamping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You know how to live it up my distant friend.....looks an interesting rig :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
:) when I told the misses I wanted to try spit roast when we were next away she wasn't too keen to start with !

How are you guys Chis ? all good I hope

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Excellent thanks got married a couple of weeks back and are getting Handfasted next solstice !

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Probably what you're looking for is a "boat grill." All s/s and meant to be mounted on an outboard post of your boat, over the water.
Jackson Grills (British Columbia) make some with nearly obscene prices (because that's what you say when you buy one.)
Must admit, the big boat grill is every bit as good as they claim.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Usually supplied with 6"(?) legs. OK on the ground or a picnic table. Mine is set up out on my dining room balcony
on a table made of recycled wood.

Jackson Grills. They've changed the model names over the years, mine looks most like the Versa 100.
If I had planned to spend a lot of summer time on the road, the smaller model of the two would be a perfect fix.
Please don't be too frightened when you see the prices, locally, the little Versa last summer was almost $400 (200GBP?)

Reminds me, after 10 or so years of hard use, I need a new burner & shroud. As propane gas BBQ go, it
must be about #14/17 for me. I have #1, #15, #16 & #17 converted for long, low, slow, fruit-wood smoker BBQ use.
Those were either free or a whopping $20 in a yard sale.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
:) when I told the misses I wanted to try spit roast when we were next away she wasn't too keen to start with !

:lmao:

You're lucky you didn't get a well-aimed rolling pin to the forehead!

I'm going to attempt to persuade my other half on the merits of a nice shiny BBQ, but I may be pushing it... I'm all out of credits as I'll be away virtually every weekend this month in the woods :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Oh. BBQ here means low and slow, maybe 3-8 hours to get it done.
I can do that with charcoal but I'm no longer prepared to baby-sit the dinner.
A cuple of handfuls of fresh, wet fruit wood and we can make magic happen.

Grilling is hot and fast, for quick meals. Gassers are convenient at -15C, OK?

My singular value is a consistent heat source, whatever that happens to be.
Give me control and we will eat very, very well.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I picked up one of these a few weeks ago http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/go-anywhere-charcoal-p294467 Paid about £50 on special, but it's a great bit of kit, very well made from good quality materials, well designed with air vents at the bottom and top for control, and high enough off the ground to avoid scorch marks. Also doubles as a fire bowl if wanted, and the lid sits vertically if needed as a windshield. Legs fold over the lid and keeps it all closed and easy to carry, the small footprint fits in the car boot with no problem and no mess. Lovely bit of kit :)

Cheers, Paul

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I looked at those Paul and as you say they are great bits of kit and very well made. I decided against it for a couple of reasons, I wanted something higher and with a larger cooking area, I like the plain stainless steel look and it packs up flat ( 4" ).

I'm looking forward to trying it out, i'll do a quick review :)

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
I have a weber go anywhere and it's great. Roasted a chicken on the beach after surfing and was the best dinner of my life!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
The BBQ worked superbly :)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

baked spuds in foil in the coals as well :) we feasted like kings :)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 126
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 127
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 127

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
Robbi, I'm needing a portable BBQ, my kids just lost mine at a festival it was a BOAB braai, the larger version, is your one bigger ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE