An unfortunate weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Last Thursday started a three day camp in our wood. As we were planning to do stuff I had chairs and a table and we used tents. Wood is lovely at moment and we had pleasant words with our farmer neighbours who like to see owners caring for the wood.

Lot of archery against animal face targets and fun. The carving of a bow from a hazel stave was started with an Anglo-Saxon repro drawknife and we planned to begin gold/tin panning in the little stream the next day. Late afternoon of the second day I leant back in my folding chair and backward rolled one and a half times down a slope landing on my face on breaking twigs and leaf mould. Shaken and only slightly bruised I sat with chum by the fire until nearly bed time.

Needing to go into the bushes I was fine until I looked down to turn my torch on and tripped over a tree stump. The young tree I banged my face into won the contest. Blood from the nose everywhere and a painful shoulder along with aching neck muscles resulted.

No pics I am afraid as I don't want to frighten the children.

Trip sadly aborted the next morning. Hospital checkup and am fine. Think I might go spearfishing from kayak next week as being safer!

Correction! Pic of the wood though and a friend's bow

11204954_10153279311676153_4154501947341975908_n.jpg

11053101_10153279311881153_7537768236056369209_n.jpg

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Was sounding like a great trip and then turned into a slapstick movie scene without the laughs, some nice safe base jumping might be the call of the day for you.

On a side note the bow looks excellent

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE