Using the Polish Poncho in the atrocious weather it was designed for...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Try Lomos in Glasgow great kit
attachment.php

http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/Dry-Boxes-dry-bags-uk.html#a597

LOMO Gear just rocks. I have a drysuit from them. Awesome.

Gailainne

Life Member
We used those on a survival course I was on in Sweden, I cant remember if it was buttons or toggles, but you can join them together to make various tents? two for a pup, and we made a long thin one on the last night that about 12 of us slept in, nice bit of kit if not a bit weighty :)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Love it for both. Something awesome about a nice fire-resistant, non-drippy, non-condensing bombproof shelter when in seriously cold weather. Reinforces the buddy principle also... Love it.

:)

I just find it too small, I can't stretch out and very dark and poky. Tried to like it a few times but then gave up

Kilbith

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
South West
Thanks for the video Susan!

I had one but it is definitively too heavy, not enough protection and cumbersome when you are above the line of trees (I live in Pyrénées). But it is nice for the forest.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I've just used two as a the usual laavu set up during two weekends of massive storms in the midlands here. They did a fantastic job of not leaking and of keeping everything really dark in the early morning! And it was affordable too.. I'm a total fan now.

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
i used it as a tent last november for a weekend on dartmoor, its great until you pack up early in the morning and its still soaking wet from dew (altough it doesnt soak through) and weighs about 4 times its original weight, which makes for a very entertaining trek out. lol

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
If weight isn't an issue I will use my Polish Lavvu, like the darkness inside and the feeling of toughness and simple ness! Some of my buttons have broken so a zipper upgrade is on the cards soon on the entrance side.

I proofed mine with Fabsil and so far not a drop has come through even in an absolutely torrential storm last year at a festival!

I ended up cutting off the dangly material from the inside that would cover the shoulders if worn as a poncho, going to use the material to make rain covers over the arm holes so I can have them open like windows without rain coming in.

Great bit of kit for 20 squid!

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
And yes, even although I like the romance of a little canvas lavvu, even on a nice dry day it gets soaked on the outside with dew in the morning and weighs an absolute tonne! Actually felt like throwing it in the fire it was so heavy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE