Mountain Top Day Hike

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
Went on a dayhike yesterday and snapped some pretty good shots
Had a swell time though it was all i could do to reach the top and back :p
This hike starts a series of peak bagging i do each year...the first one is always the most physically demanding...
...onward and upward...woods

The Trailhead and the Mountain
five miles or so from here to the top

The view on the way up

While approaching the top, this is the view at your back

on the rock scree above tree line looking down

Almost there!!! :)

Made it!!!!! :cool:

The Pay Off....

The Vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRUuS-j02k
[video=youtube;RtRUuS-j02k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRUuS-j02k[/video]

Thanks for Lookin...woods

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
MT606 in answer to your question....

First Thanks for lookin!!!...yes Both black and grizzly bears, mountain lions, elk, deer, big horn sheep, mountain goats, coyotes, wolves, badgers,bobcat, red squirrel, pika, hoary marmots, pofcupine, moose, hare, rabbit and so much more...thanks again!...
Thanks to everyone for your comments...woods

Last edited:

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
do you carry a firearm on a day bimble in that part of the world or if kipping out over night with all that fur with pointy teeth stuff walking about ? And I don't mean bugs bunnie ;)

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
do you carry a firearm on a day bimble in that part of the world or if kipping out over night with all that fur with pointy teeth stuff walking about ? And I don't mean bugs bunnie ;)
I do carry a rifle on overnighters when i'll be spending several days or weeks in the backcountry and of course, during elk and deer season.
On day hikes such as this i'll almost always pack bear spray, unless i hear reports of heavy bear activity in the area i plan on hiking...well then its a smith and western .44 mag wheelgun slung over my shoulder:)...thanks for lookin...woods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE