Heads Up: Sharpening stone set £27!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Duuuuh..... :) Buy the set of three, keep the one you want, resell the other two at a 'reasonable' price. Ka-ching! :D ;)

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Yep, same manufacturer. They seem to work well, but i am no expert (yet). Each of the three stones in the kit came with their own rubber base.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I got my set of three a few days ago and I have to say they work very well on the tools I've used them on so far. I was interested to note that they recommend the use of honing oil for the optimum performance, but they've worked fine with water for me. Seeing as they are for 'shop use, I might just use the 3000 jobby with a decent oil and see what difference it makes.

I think they're excellent value for money.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The liquid, whatever it is, is just to carry away the swarf of metal particles and smashed abrasive grit particles.
Over the years for wood carving tools, I find I'll use 600 to repair damage with those smaller grits to finish.
I won't resort to 600 unless I can tell that the 1k waterstone isn't doing the job between now and next month.
The key step beyond all that is the honing on hard card with CrOx/AlOx compound. That's "carving sharp."
I think you people have found a good deal.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The 3000 grit is ok, pretty good even, but not as good as my king waterstones. [If anyone was wondering what they compare like to king waterstones]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE