A request for members with faith

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its been a bad week for us. Last week the mom in law (Betty) had a nasty stroke, internal bleed and aspiration pneumonia; her prognosis is just for TLC.

This morning her husband (Norman) had a turn, looks like his kidney's are failing, fluid on the lungs and his BP was 55/41 with the paramedics; he's in ITU and the family have been told to stay with him.

So, for those here with faith please include Betty and Norman in your prayers tonight.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Rik my thoughts are with you and yours tonight and in the future.

I hope things go well and how you wish them my friend.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Cub Kaa

May 31, 2015
North Devon
Not of any sort of faith here, but my thoughts go out, not only to them but to you and your family.

I've been there seeing someone's kidneys pack up, seen my dear mother in law and my father with cancer so I know what it's like.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm so sorry to hear that. There are loads of clichés but none that really help so I'll just say I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. May you come together as a family and gather close friends and be a comfort to each other in your time of grief. Your family and friends here share your grief.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
And Richard, I know you're in South Wales - if I can do anything practical to help just say, I'm only in Cardiff and have most of the next ten days off work...

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I hope you gain a good outcome, I know what your going through. Always shocking to those close. Two Fridays ago my cousins mother in law was murdered in Marston green Rik, you may remember it. My mom's sisters house back onto hers, there kids grew up, went to school together and got married. Killed by her nephew, son of her brother! Shocked the family and a close little community terribly! She was a church goer and warden of the church, which came out in support of her. Faith goes along way.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not really the sort of chap who believes... but if this is any sort of hope... I was diagnosed with a tumour a little later than would have been ideal. I had advanced hydrocephalus and severe sinusitis to add to my woes, and by the time they got the tumour with endoscopic tools, I was as good as dead. I survived, but days later I was struck with seizures, a coma and ended up with memory loss. Due to the memory loss, I wasn't able to tell the hospital of my childhood spinal injury, so when they attempted a lumbar punch, I lost the use of my legs.

Long story short, against odds that no bookie would ever take, I've survived. The human body (and mind) is capable of incredible things and with a true belief, I think it can probably achieve a lot more.

Best of luck to yours... and one of the things that got me through was the determination to see my son. Speak positive, act positive and it might sound weird, but a plate of fish and chips was a medicine better than any pain killer. Something familiar that breaks the medical speak and reminds you that there are simple pleasures in life. As I say, body and mind are capable of incredible things, especially when offered the right stimuli.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
I'm a little late on this one, but I'll certainly pray for Betty, Norman and the rest of you as you support them and deal with everything yourselves. I had surgery to remove a bowel cancer late last year and am nearly at the end of my chemo schedule now. My faith and that of those around me has helped enormously over the last 7 months. Just knowing that people are out there praying and loving you is such a blessing so it's a honor to offer that to you in my small way. I'm a firm believer that prayer works.
God bless you all,

Jim.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
An old boy who lived near my wife (we were teenagers at the time) passed away, leaving little to no family behind, but lots of friends. In his will, he left some cash he squirreled away and a message reading ' Don't mourn my death, celebrate my life'.

The money was spent as he wished, on a good wake with plenty of drinks and food for those who remembered him to have a good evening.

Like most, I'm not a prayer type, but I do hope your family are well and see the best side of a quite mangled coin. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE