Quarter way woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

So I had my first ever solo camp last Friday ,took the dog for company,got a dakota fire pit going and the lavvu/nva tarp combo worked good.

Did have a miserable nights sleep,bed at 11 and up at 4,very restless and i managed to sleep on a giant root I missed!

Don't think solo camps are for me,miss the company and sharing the work.

I need to sort out a proper mat,my back/body took 3 days to to recover!

Pics to follow

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
9sQ_KO3WKZSYFa7JnBPGIUN_f9XchdAVhdFyerEjhHMQwlwOAomE7JfOweugiEYf6AB7UhY4=w1912-h2542-rw

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
As said, first solo is never really a happy affair. Mind set and all that jazz.

It does get better though. Seen the family tent thread as well, ya def getting the bug !

Will try get summit sorted out soon mate.

Pete

edit : not seeing the images?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Looks like you pitched under a big old beech. They are lovely trees but have a reputation for unexpectedly dropping big branches for no apparent reason, and that is a headache you could do without! The general recommendation is not to pitch under beech trees, which might also solve your tree-root-in-the-back issues.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
A cheap roll mat but I just picked up a self inflating mat from a shop called home bargains for a tenner,going to take both on the next trip.

Cheers for the info on the tree,that's quite worrying information! Tree made a hell of a racket all night and was part of the reason I had a crap kip.

Buster

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
Ta, I was looking at a self inflating mat also so I might just chump up the money and save myself a bad night. Kudos on taking the plunge though, I am trying to psyche myself up to do a solo but not there yet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE