20 things only real campers know

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Okay, I admit it... I'm a closet glamper.

My other half point blank refuses to camp anywhere that doesn't have bathroom facilities, so we compromise with...

IMG00430_20110623_2127.jpg

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
"The kids start to resemble feral animals and love every minute of it."

Sounds like the Bushmoot, they run in packs and dodge soap with an uncanny skill

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
21, That moment when you catch someones dog either taking a dump or urinating on or near the front entrance to your tent. Another reason i prefer to wild camp.....Alone.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Nice. I have confirmation I am a real camper. I'd add something like has the exact number of tea bags for the trip even though all kinds of people show up for a brew..

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Dog free sites, wherever possible, for me.

There are some very nice children free sites, and my favourite one allows dogs.
Though I feel dogs and kids (and adults too) should just be kept under control on sites. :rolleyes:

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Great article, I've never seen that before but most of them ring true. #10, yeah #12 that's me, #13 & 14 and I'm with Presterjohn on #17. There was no way I was going to stumble round outside, half asleep, and only 10 yards from the riverbank. While #19 made it all worthwhile. I was lucky and only ever wild camped so I didn't have to worry about human neighbours.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
21, That moment when you catch someones dog either taking a dump or urinating on or near the front entrance to your tent. Another reason i prefer to wild camp.....Alone.
lol not feeling the love for our canine friends but that's understandable as there are a lot of irresponsible folk out there.

22: The further you have hiked the more comfortable your bed becomes

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Number 23?
If you camp on what you know is a bad place because you are tired, the weather is closing in, it is beginning to get dark or you are lost (or all of these) you can be sure that next morning after being on the trail for only a short time, you will come across a perfect camping place only a short distance further on from where you stopped lat night.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE