Spring North Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

Mooney

il probably come down on the sat and spend the night... then leave sunday afternoon. ill be bringing a mate aswell.

ill try and get a definate answer in the next few days/when required

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Got a reply to some questions,
Thursday is OK but try and get there before 1900 when the warden leaves.
No fishing,sorry.
Archery, we can use the range if someone has an instructors certificate and it must be shown, there is also equipment to hire we can book that on arrival.
There is no problem with people turning up for part of it and we can sort out numbers while we are there, so no problem with accommodating last minute arrivals or changes.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
yes i know but i just like reminding u im here on my own in the corner :puppy_dog with the pinty hat with a big D on it, think i start a trend ?

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Ceers Scruff :D
A quick recap about the meet!
It is at Forest camp Cheshire, just outside Delamere Forest.
Here is a multimap link...
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.2255&lon=-2.6006&scale=25000&icon=x
Red circle isn't quite in the right place, the site is about 600m SW of the circle the entrance is at the crossroads.

It is running from the 28th April to the 1st May, May bank holiday weekend.
Everything is confirmed with the site and a deposit has been paid.

All are welcome, if you think you know nothing you are more than welcome, you will learn, as will the more experienced.

It is OK to turn up for all or just part of the weekend, the fee is £2.50 per person per night.

If people want to play with Bows we need someone with an instructors certificate. If you hold one and plan on coming let me know the details and I will check it is the right certificate.

Anyone who wants to arrive on the Thursday let me know in advance so I can inform the warden, he leaves site at 1700ish (not 1900 :eek: ) should still be able to arrive after this time, just need to let him know to make arrangements.

Can I suggest people bringing some local resources with them, ie Flint is near impossible to get in Cheshire and some fungi, found razorstrop and artists conk(I think) but not much else I could ID, for swaps(giveaways?) and for ID purposes.
We could do a show and tell type thing with setups and kit too.
I can do a knot lesson and charcloth demo(bring an old pair of jeans!) anyone else want to pick a subject to demo?

I am going on holiday in the morning so will be offline for a week, unless I sneak to a cybercafe :27: , so will catch up with what people want to do when I get back.

And Gaz, I will still give you a lift! :lmao:

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
After looking forward to this meet since logging on in Feb, I have today been reminded of something. :eek:

I know some women say we forget things, damn right we do. :rolleyes:

:eek: I forgot my 5th Anniversary, I told the other half, 'll be away last weekend this month. Only to be told, oh no you wont(yes like a pantomime) :buttkick:

So sorry folks, might get over for the day on Saturday, if I can sneak off. The meet is only 40 minutes away. :aargh4:

I hope you all have a top weekend, and I also hope I can sneak off for the day on Saturday.

Have fun, and be careful, but not boring.

Steve

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Goose, just to let you know that i will now be working down south all of next week and so i may not be able to make the meet. :(

So please regard me as tentative now rather than confrmed....thanks.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I'll not be making it down.

My car's falling to bits through sheer neglect and needs a service that I can't afford because I've been spending faster than I earn. I've got a load of things I'd like to work on but haven't spent a weekend in the house for ages.

....enough of the excuses(real as they may be). I've decided it's too far and too much fuel cost and I'm not feeling up for it. Feel such a smeghead for putting my name down again and dropping out but, well....
Sorry.
:(
Josh

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Had no one respond over the archery, and the rules on qualifications are really strict with it being a scout site.
Does anybody need a lift from stations if so let me know times of arrival etc and I will sort something out.
If anyone has a supply of flint, we don't get any round here, can you bring some chips for firesteel use, please. :)

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
I've spent today ( and a bit of tomorrow ) making a bushmans horn, out of a real cows horn. Fingers crossed it should be finshed for me to bring along to the meet.

Btw see everyone there :)

Strop

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE