Article: DIY Hex Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Here's the dimensions - there are more bits of helpful info in the original thread :)

tent%20tarp%20sizes2.jpg

Apr 10, 2015
Berkshire
I love this!

Just shown the wife and she could be up for making me one of these!

Did you need any particular thread or needles in the sewing machine?

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I used heavy duty Gutermanns thread to be sure. It's lovely stuff!

The tarp has plenty of space for your gear and to cook under - I made a storm flap that pretty much covers all the opening and greatly increases the "porch". In use the tarp has been perfect, I'll post some more pics of it in action.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I used heavy duty Gutermanns thread to be sure. It's lovely stuff!

The tarp has plenty of space for your gear and to cook under - I made a storm flap that pretty much covers all the opening and greatly increases the "porch". In use the tarp has been perfect, I'll post some more pics of it in action.

Was only pulling your leg actually. I would like to see that. I also like the offset idea, very clever, not only does it give a better access, it also gives a bigger usable space. It has a nice wide view too.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Ha, typing isn't the best for putting over sly humour ;) I wanted to get the tarp experience with the ease of putting up the Lavvu - a great open view but with superior shelter in bad weather. It worked out really well, so I'm very much a convert to making your own gear where plausible.
Cheers
Phil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE